Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

why do i get handme downs? (long.. sorry)

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 82 Replies
Oaky so 4 months before my daughter was born my step sister had a baby boy and for her baby shower gift from my dad and "evil" step mom was one of those awesome gliding rocking chairs. Well for my baby shower I got a little hamper basket filled with a weeks worth of diapers and a letter she wrote. And then when I've been asking for a stroller that comes with a car seat, I finally got it when my daughter was 5 months.It wasn't even the kind I asked for... It is one that is super big for my daughter and is not the easiest to take down stairs, Which was from a second hand store. Well fast track to yesterday my sister in law had her shower for her boy and my step mom got her a brand new diaper bag with new toys, new cclothes, new shoes and new blankets... I know it sounds childish to behaving like this but to me its a slap in the face. And my dad doesn't really see it. He knows that we don't get along but he doesn't know how bad. And I want to tell him but I don't know how to bring it.

I feel like a HUGE weight has been lifted off my shoulders.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 25, 2014 at 2:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 25, 2014 at 3:04 AM
4 moms liked this
Seriously? Be greatful. You know how much I would LOVE that? You're spoiled. If you don't like it buy one yourself
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 25, 2014 at 3:20 AM
Would love to, oh wait! My husband is the only one that works and all that money has to pay for rent, the bills, the car insurance, the hospital bills, our food, the gas for the car, clothes and diapers for our daughter. So I have no choice but to depend on my family for stuff like that. When my step sister and sister in law can easily afford all those by themselves.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 25, 2014 at 3:24 AM
10 moms liked this
Are you kidding me? If you can't afford baby items then you shouldn't have a baby! It's no one else's responsibility to provide for your child but you and your DH. You shouldn't have to depend on your family for anything because you're the one who made the choice to have a kid. Why is it their burden to make sure you have these things?

Quoting Anonymous 1: Would love to, oh wait! My husband is the only one that works and all that money has to pay for rent, the bills, the car insurance, the hospital bills, our food, the gas for the car, clothes and diapers for our daughter. So I have no choice but to depend on my family for stuff like that. When my step sister and sister in law can easily afford all those by themselves.
schultzal
by Member on Aug. 25, 2014 at 3:33 AM
3 moms liked this

From someone who has received NOTHING from family for my daughter, be grateful that they even give your child a single thought. I received congratulations from all of my friends long before I received congratulations from my own family... I expect nothing from them, and that's what I get. Saves me a lot of disappointment.

lucky2Beeme
by Member on Aug. 25, 2014 at 5:56 AM
1 mom liked this
This exactly. SMH @OP

Quoting Anonymous 3: Are you kidding me? If you can't afford baby items then you shouldn't have a baby! It's no one else's responsibility to provide for your child but you and your DH. You shouldn't have to depend on your family for anything because you're the one who made the choice to have a kid. Why is it their burden to make sure you have these things?

Quoting Anonymous 1: Would love to, oh wait! My husband is the only one that works and all that money has to pay for rent, the bills, the car insurance, the hospital bills, our food, the gas for the car, clothes and diapers for our daughter. So I have no choice but to depend on my family for stuff like that. When my step sister and sister in law can easily afford all those by themselves.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 25, 2014 at 6:12 AM
You can't be serious?!?

Purgatorian
by Bronze Member on Aug. 25, 2014 at 8:59 AM
Grow the fuck up.

Bring it up to your father sure... let him know just what a greedy little girl he raised. It will have exactly the effect you're looking for lol.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Aug. 25, 2014 at 9:29 AM
You sound like a child still who has a lot of growing up to do.
2monkeysmoma710
by on Aug. 25, 2014 at 9:34 AM
14 moms liked this
Uuummm I think she is upset for being treated differently. I can understand that.
notuseless
by Member on Aug. 25, 2014 at 9:36 AM
1 mom liked this
I had a baby girl on July 30th and I have never received anything from my mother or step father, even though they got my 4 siblings a car seat and 3 outfits for their babies.

I got used clothes and a used stroller and car seat and diapers that were already open from my friends, after their children grew out of them, I am just happy that they thought of me, and thanks to my friends I have only spent $ 160 on my baby so far, $12 on diapers and $148 on a breast pump.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)