Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

Seriously who the hell cares?

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2014 at 12:05 PM
  • 27 Replies

I have always dyed my hair since I was 14. I've dyed it normal colors and I've had streaks that are a bit crazy (blue, green, yellow, fire red). Once or twice I took my hair and fully died it crazy colors. Now I'm 25 and I put chunky blue streaks in my hair. I'm getting shit on because of it!

Its my hair! Its the only thing I do for myself. I make sure everything is paid, kids & hub are taken care of and if I can I would go ahead and purchase the dye for my hair.

Why can't people just keep their mouths shut? Its all fine until they find out I'm a mom of 2 kids.

Proud mommy of 2 boys and a beautiful angel

by on Aug. 25, 2014 at 12:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bresmom13
by Member on Aug. 25, 2014 at 12:09 PM

Do you think they criticize because your hair is wild and your a mom or because you spend your money on it? Either way who cares what others think, be yourself.

JRSMOM0621
by Bronze Member on Aug. 25, 2014 at 12:39 PM

I get comments about how I shouldn't be dying my beautiful hair that way, another person was chatting with me and my 2 year old runs up saying Mommy they immediately changed into a bitchy person about how moms shouldn't have colored hair. Umm you were just saying that it looked good but now I have my 2 year old having a different color in my hair I'm a bad person.  I love dying it and I enjoy changing my look. I only get to do it about once a year though :(

Quoting Bresmom13:

Do you think they criticize because your hair is wild and your a mom or because you spend your money on it? Either way who cares what others think, be yourself.

KikiKia
by Bronze Member on Aug. 25, 2014 at 12:44 PM

Wow people are so rude.  Can I see a pic of your hair?

Bresmom13
by Member on Aug. 25, 2014 at 12:47 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting JRSMOM0621:

I get comments about how I shouldn't be dying my beautiful hair that way, another person was chatting with me and my 2 year old runs up saying Mommy they immediately changed into a bitchy person about how moms shouldn't have colored hair. Umm you were just saying that it looked good but now I have my 2 year old having a different color in my hair I'm a bad person.  I love dying it and I enjoy changing my look. I only get to do it about once a year though :(

Quoting Bresmom13:

PPL are to judgmental, hell look at half the ppl on here. Like I told you be your own person. If you and your kids think its kool then go with it. (cant embarrass the kids, lol)

mericanbelle18
by Member on Aug. 25, 2014 at 12:47 PM

I've only ever dyed my hair twice; once ombre and the most recent was red. I REALLY liked the red and I want to do it again since it's almost gone. I think it's ridculous that people critize what someone else does to their own body and hair.

JRSMOM0621
by Bronze Member on Aug. 25, 2014 at 12:48 PM
1 mom liked this

It has faded a lot even though I just did it last month.

Quoting KikiKia:

Wow people are so rude.  Can I see a pic of your hair?

JRSMOM0621
by Bronze Member on Aug. 25, 2014 at 12:51 PM

My 2 year old loved it! When they start to say something about not liking it or getting picked on because I dont have normal hair then I'll listen lol

Quoting Bresmom13:

Quoting JRSMOM0621:

Quoting Bresmom13:

PPL are to judgmental, hell look at half the ppl on here. Like I told you be your own person. If you and your kids think its kool then go with it. (cant embarrass the kids, lol)

JRSMOM0621
by Bronze Member on Aug. 25, 2014 at 12:52 PM

Yep I agree. I thought it was funny I was getting it from all ages lol I expected it from the older generations but I got it from a few of my friends who are near my age

Quoting mericanbelle18:

I've only ever dyed my hair twice; once ombre and the most recent was red. I REALLY liked the red and I want to do it again since it's almost gone. I think it's ridculous that people critize what someone else does to their own body and hair.

Bresmom13
by Member on Aug. 25, 2014 at 12:54 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting JRSMOM0621:

My 2 year old loved it! When they start to say something about not liking it or getting picked on because I dont have normal hair then I'll listen lol

Quoting Bresmom13:

Quoting JRSMOM0621:

Quoting Bresmom13:

Thats what makes us individuals, if we all cared what others think we would all look and act alike. I give you a high five.

mericanbelle18
by Member on Aug. 25, 2014 at 12:55 PM

It will never cease to blow my mind how much people care about what other people do and the decisions they make when it has nothing to do with their personal lives whatsoever. 

Quoting JRSMOM0621:

Yep I agree. I thought it was funny I was getting it from all ages lol I expected it from the older generations but I got it from a few of my friends who are near my age

Quoting mericanbelle18:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN