Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

Horrible daycare kid and mother

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 36 Replies
2 moms liked this
So I just need to vent. I recently let go under a horrible circumstance a child that I couldn't handle. The baby was 7 months old and would cry 24/7 if he wasn't being held I tried on numerous occasions to bring this up with the parents and have them work with me and I always got the excuse is this is how we parent we hold him all the time. I have one of my own and two others I watch and all my time and effort the last month had gone into that child. The mother was being rude to me and upset I told her we had to cut ties she got rude with me yesterday and told me I'm a bad person because I'm pretty much not paying attention to her son only. Let's just say I was jumping for joy when she left and I told her not to come back. Her son had caused more stress and commotion for my own children and the other children and for me. I hope I'm not the only one who's delt with a monster mother and child
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 27, 2014 at 4:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 27, 2014 at 4:27 AM

I thought you knew monster children do not exist. After all they are babies who can not be taught to behave..                       "Sarcasm"

DensHag
by Member on Aug. 27, 2014 at 4:29 AM
2 moms liked this
She needs a nanny who doesn't do anything but hold the baby.
PogoPalOj
by Bronze Member on Aug. 27, 2014 at 4:37 AM
1 mom liked this

jaw dropNot a child that wants to be held 24/7!  I so skeerd I got people bumps 

skipp2
by New Member on Aug. 27, 2014 at 8:02 AM
3 moms liked this

Having one child who demands constant hands on attention can be very detrimental - even dangerous- to the other kids in her care. Unless you wear the baby in a sling or carrier all day (which some licensing doesn't even allow) it can be very frusterating and stressful for everyone. Not to mention the families who were there first and are still paying the same rate , but now for less quality care due to this screaming baby.

Quoting PogoPalOj:

KikiKia
by Member on Aug. 27, 2014 at 8:09 AM
11 moms liked this

If the Mom wants her child to be held 24/7 then she should be home with the child to do it herself.

Shadesgirl
by New Member on Aug. 27, 2014 at 8:35 AM
1 mom liked this
You are not alone. I do in home daycare too and one of the guy's I care for cried for the first three weeks he was here. He was also needy and wanted to be held and entertained all the time. I was just to the point of letting him go when he started crawling. Now he couldn't be happier and plays with the other kids. His parents are odd but I kept him. Don't feel bad you can't just take care of one baby all the time.
PogoPalOj
by Bronze Member on Aug. 27, 2014 at 9:36 AM

I was not disagreeing with you.  I was just making a bad joke, I guess.  I don't do well with kids, so I admire anyone that can handle them.  :]

Quoting skipp2:

Having one child who demands constant hands on attention can be very detrimental - even dangerous- to the other kids in her care. Unless you wear the baby in a sling or carrier all day (which some licensing doesn't even allow) it can be very frusterating and stressful for everyone. Not to mention the families who were there first and are still paying the same rate , but now for less quality care due to this screaming baby.

Quoting PogoPalOj:

skipp2
by New Member on Aug. 27, 2014 at 12:34 PM

No problem : )  I run a daycare and the memory of non stop screaming and clinging makes me want to hide in the bathroom with a bottle of wine and earplugs, lol!

Quoting PogoPalOj:

I was not disagreeing with you.  I was just making a bad joke, I guess.  I don't do well with kids, so I admire anyone that can handle them.  :]

Quoting skipp2:

Quoting PogoPalOj:

Traci_Momof2
by Member on Aug. 27, 2014 at 1:09 PM

You did the right thing.  If it wasn't a good fit then it's just best to end it now.  Hopefully she can find someone else who can tend to her child more in the manner that she is looking for.

When looking for daycare it's always important for the parents to find a provider who is a good fit for their child.  Ideally a provider who parents in a very similar way to how the parents parent.  I was lucky to find that for my kids and had an awesome provider.  She may not be right for everyone, but she was definitely right for me and my kids.

Traci_Momof2
by Member on Aug. 27, 2014 at 1:12 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree with this.  If the baby needs to be constantly held, then the mother would be best off finding a nanny to come to her home and take of only her baby.

Quoting DensHag: She needs a nanny who doesn't do anything but hold the baby.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)