Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

Bullying like this on the first week of school!?

Posted by on Aug. 27, 2014 at 4:09 PM
  • 16 Replies

I was walking my son home after school. There were two siblings walking behind us. Another kid on a bike started yelling "HEY MOOMOO! HEY MOOMOO" I turned around because I wasn't positive I heard the boy correctly, but I noticed the sister was wearing a hijab. Bike Boy saw me turn around then said "I mean Umoo, Umoo." Not ten seconds later, Bike Boy called out to the brother and said "Hey Ahmed, BOOOOM! BOOOM!" I whipped around and yelled, "WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?!" Bike Boy said he was telling them to go home, but I stopped the other kids to confirm and they shook their heads, confirming what I thought the little shit said. I tore into Bike Boy and told him how dare he treat someone like that and if I ever caught him bullying kids again I wouldn't hesitate to call the cops. He rolled his eyes and biked off. 

The fuck is wrong with people?! 

"The truth is not always beautiful, nor beautiful words the truth" - Lao Tzu

by on Aug. 27, 2014 at 4:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lisa12121
by Member on Aug. 27, 2014 at 4:12 PM
4 moms liked this

Good for you for confronting them. Yes, he was a brat, for sure, but when confronted they slowly learn they cannot always get away with bad behavior. Every adult and child should do what you just did. And, if I knew the boy's parents, I would tell them what the boy did. Whether they choose to act on it or not, at least they know.

FireMoonGypsy
by Bronze Member on Aug. 27, 2014 at 4:14 PM

Quoting lisa12121:

Good for you for confronting them. Yes, he was a brat, for sure, but when confronted they slowly learn they cannot always get away with bad behavior. Every adult and child should do what you just did. And, if I knew the boy's parents, I would tell them what the boy did. Whether they choose to act on it or not, at least they know.

We are new to the area and I don't know a lot of people. I'm not sure where he biked to, but I'm still livid. 

mrsmoonbeam
by Member on Aug. 27, 2014 at 4:15 PM
1 mom liked this
He more then likely hears that shit at home. I hate it when people assume ALL MUSLMS or ALL people from the middleast are terrorists. How sad
stormborn
by on Aug. 27, 2014 at 4:17 PM
3 moms liked this

That's what happens when you have parents who are hateful bigots, it moves on to the next generation. Thank you for defending those children. 

whitleypittman
by Member on Aug. 27, 2014 at 4:18 PM
How old is this kid? He's learned the behavior from somewhere.
FireMoonGypsy
by Bronze Member on Aug. 27, 2014 at 4:37 PM

Quoting whitleypittman: How old is this kid? He's learned the behavior from somewhere.

He lookedlike he was 8-10

whitleypittman
by Member on Aug. 27, 2014 at 5:13 PM
1 mom liked this
So the first 8-10 years of his life, he's been learning that anyone that's different from him deserves to be bullied. Yeah, I say call the cops next time. Let him get a good scare.

Quoting FireMoonGypsy:

Quoting whitleypittman: How old is this kid? He's learned the behavior from somewhere.

He lookedlike he was 8-10

KikiKia
by Member on Aug. 27, 2014 at 5:19 PM

haha good job!  I would have done the same thing.  I prob would have picked up my phone acted like I took his picture and tell him I am texting it to the police dept.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 27, 2014 at 5:23 PM
My daughter has been teased too this week. They made fun of her clothes and my clothes because they "are not new" she doesn't even want to go back:(
Landon2012
by Member on Aug. 27, 2014 at 5:28 PM
1 mom liked this

Unfortunately there are more and more kids and adults bullieing others. I only hope when my son goes to school he will have enough courage to stand up for himself and others. Kudos to you for caring enough to stand up for those kids hopefully that brat will leave them alone.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)