Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

Tacky???

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2014 at 9:18 AM
  • 27 Replies
I just posted on the event for DDs birthday...

"I have had several people ask me what (DD) wants for her birthday. All she will say is My Little Pony stuff at the moment but she really is easy when it comes to gifts. She loves princesses and anything girlie and sparkly. She is obsessed with Frozen. She is on a bit of a jewelry kick right now (most jewelry is fine but if you get her earrings she has to have silver, gold, or surgical steel. Anything else makes her ears swell and break out). She is in 4t-5t clothes. If you cannot get her a gift please come anyway! We just want to share her special day with you and have have a good group to sing happy birthday to her. Love is always the BEST gift! :)"

One of my family members sent me a PM and told me how tacky it was for me to post what she wants on FBblike that. She got really nasty about it!

What do you think?
by on Aug. 28, 2014 at 9:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JudyE07
by Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 1:31 PM

For the one who got nasty did this person want an invite on paper and are they old fashioned? 

rockinmomto2
by on Aug. 28, 2014 at 1:35 PM
1 mom liked this

I think it's fine. I've sent out regular invitations, and people always text or call or PM me on FB about what stuff the kids like. So this just takes out the middle step. Besides, who wants to get a kid something they're not going to like?

aidensmom0407
by Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 1:36 PM

Maybe a little.  I would just respond to those asking individually and not put it all out on FB. 

Traci_Momof2
by Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 1:44 PM
1 mom liked this

I think it's ok, especially since you added that you don't expect a gift for your daughter.  When you have several people asking anyway, it's probably better to just put it out there the way you did.

It's certainly not worthy of someone getting all nasty about it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 28, 2014 at 5:53 PM
2 moms liked this

It's fine.  It looked really good that you added that gifts aren't a requirement.

DLMsMommy
by Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 6:01 PM
It wasn't the invite she had an issue with, it was the list of what DD wants that she got ugly about.

Quoting JudyE07:

For the one who got nasty did this person want an invite on paper and are they old fashioned? 

mom2bahandcch
by on Aug. 28, 2014 at 6:04 PM
I wouldn't have a problem with that. But its surgical steel lol
Kitty_Myrick
by Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 6:04 PM
1 mom liked this

There's nothing wrong with what you did.  And I'm old fashioned about this stuff.

cat

DLMsMommy
by Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 6:04 PM
I had just answered the same question 5 times that day and we are expecting about 20 more families. I was just tired of responding to each one... Especially since I have very little idea what she actually wants. She says My Little Pony... But she has never seen it, or played with the toys or anything. SD7 comes over talking about the show and I think DD is just copying her sister with it. (I have nothing against MLP BTW... We just don't watch much TV at all.)

Quoting aidensmom0407:

Maybe a little.  I would just respond to those asking individually and not put it all out on FB. 

SuckIt69
by Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 6:05 PM
1 mom liked this
I wouldn't do it, but I woudnt be offended if someone else did.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN