Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

what should I do?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies
I am five weeks pregnant, which for me.. would ordinarily be something to be celebrated. But, the father is an old ex of mine who is in a relationship. Our childhood friend died a few months ago so we got together to reminisce; both got heavily intoxicated and made a huge mistake. I feel incredibly guilty as is; my fiance cheated on me and left me a year ago today and I swore I'd never be 'the other woman'. I don't want to cause his SO anymore pain than I already have.. he knew there was a high possibility of me getting pregnant after our night together so when he texted me to ask about it, I told him I'd gotten my period and everything was okay. Part of me feels selfish for not telling h, despite my intention of sparing his SO anymore pain.. but I also know something is wrong with this pregnancy; I've lost two before this.. it just feels wrong. So ultimately I am lost on what to do; continue to keep this secret and deal with it on my own or tell him..
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 28, 2014 at 9:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 28, 2014 at 9:59 AM

Tell him.

lilmama8408
by Bronze Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 10:01 AM
It's his child too and your wrong to keep that from him.
He cheated and accidents happen. Doesn't mean he shouldn't get to know his child
stjohnsgirl
by on Aug. 28, 2014 at 10:13 AM

I would tell him.  If you feel that there is something wrong with the pregnancy then he might be willing to be there for you and the baby and give you some much needed support.  Who knows what may happen but at least you have given him a chance to have a say in what happens. Don't want to be pregnant and filled with guilt and worry.   Good Luck!! 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 28, 2014 at 10:35 AM
I know he would be there to support me through it, but I don't feel I deserve that support. A large part of me feels like this impending something-is-wrong feeling is karma.

Quoting stjohnsgirl:

I would tell him.  If you feel that there is something wrong with the pregnancy then he might be willing to be there for you and the baby and give you some much needed support.  Who knows what may happen but at least you have given him a chance to have a say in what happens. Don't want to be pregnant and filled with guilt and worry.   Good Luck!! 

Bresmom13
by Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 1:55 PM

You both made a mistake, so you shouldnt carry the mistake for say on your own shoulders. Like previous replies he has the right to know he is going to have a child out there.

KikiKia
by Bronze Member on Aug. 29, 2014 at 10:47 AM

You should let him know just so he is aware.  He can decide on whether or not to be involved.  Good luck to you.  I am sorry you have found yourself in this situation.

stjohnsgirl
by on Aug. 29, 2014 at 5:40 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Anonymous 1: I know he would be there to support me through it, but I don't feel I deserve that support. A large part of me feels like this impending something-is-wrong feeling is karma.
Quoting stjohnsgirl:

Well we have all made mistakes in our lives. People can give all the advice in the world to you.  The only person left at the end of the day is you.  You are the only one that can take the advice that is given and make the choice that you feel will be the best one for YOU.  The old saying goes "Go with your gut" is usually the best one.  Take what people say in to account but act on your own. Because no one is making you do anything you dont want to do. Lastly, think positive!! You never know the situation he is in. It just may be the out he needs....who knows.  :)  Hope that this made sense in some way.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)