Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

Why republicans piss me off!

Posted by on Sep. 4, 2014 at 7:59 AM
  • 126 Replies
27 moms liked this

As another election draws ever nearer once again we are besieged by republicans telling us all that they are the party of God. This pisses me off quicker than just about any other lie they try to get us to swallow. I seem to remember some bright red words in my Bible, those spoken by Jesus while He was on earth. I seem to remember Him telling us to feed the hungry, house the homeless, clothe the naked, care for the elderly, the sick and the infirmed, help the poor and down trodden and care for those who could not care for themselves. These republicans, who are supposed to be serving US, prove their hypocrisy every day by what they do and say. The poor are poor because they want to be, they are lazy, know nothing about work, etc etc etc. We can't afford to make health care available  to everyone. We can't possibly deal with the homeless and the hungry should just go get some food but don't look for any help from the government. They claim to care about the poor yet they loudly and proudly tell us how they are going to do away with food stamps and welfare and any other program that might give those people help. You can not claim to be working to end poverty when you are openly trying to legislate against those in poverty.

You can't claim to be for equal pay for equal work and then refuse to pass a bill that would do that very thing.

They rail against countries that use religion as the basis for their laws, yet seek to do the same thing here in America...just because it is their religion doesn't make it any better or less dangerous. They fight helping those in need, yet fall all over themselves to ensure that their moneyed masters have ways to avoid paying for all their money, especially when those sugar daddies own mega million or billion dollar companies. They want those sugar daddies to be able to give as much money to them as they wish and they are very good about making sure those money men are very well taken care of and represented.

They complain about voter fraud, which is almost non-existent and then use it to redraw districts and enact voter laws which do nothing but keep those they find undesirable from exercising their right to vote. They do this by having fewer voting machines in the districts which are most likely to go against them, by doing away with same day registering and voting, by decreasing the number of days for early voting and anything else they can think of to keep the unwashed masses' voices to a small whisper while ensuring that those with the money are heard by everyone.

They claim to be working for the citizens of this nation yet refuse to listen to us when we tell them we want people to have a living wage, you know, one they can actually take care of their families on or that we want infrastructure spending because our roads and bridges are falling apart. We can't possibly put people to work doing that despite how much it needs done. We can't ask the wealthy to pay their fair share, we must find more ways for them to be able to deduct his and that until the bosses are paying less in taxes than the people who actually do the work day in and day out. We have to make it so that companies like GE pay ZERO taxes on billions of dollars of profit even to the point of giving them tax breaks for taking jobs out of this country and away from Americans.

Finally, for now anyway, their priority is nay saying everything, even things that they used to be proudly for, because Obama suggested it. They have gone so far as to call him a king and a dictator. If he is a dictator he is the worst one I have ever seen. Most of those would have had them all rounded up and either executed or sent away for re-education. If the president, who was elected twice, walked on water you can bet there would be a republican outcry about how horrible it is that Obama can't swim!!

by on Sep. 4, 2014 at 7:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ZamilyMom
by Bronze Member on Sep. 4, 2014 at 1:54 PM
32 moms liked this

I understand your frustration.  Every single Republican thinks exactly the same way, just like every single Democrat agrees with Obama 100% for every single issue.  All Catholic people think exactly the same way as do all Jew, Muslims, atheists, Wiccans, etc.  It's also unfortunate that every single white person thinks exactly the same, as does every black person, every Hispanic, etc.  I guess this makes it easy for everyone.  Once you know a person's political party, religion, and race, you know exactly what they think about everything!

ETA: For those who weren't sure, yes this is sarcasm!

Landon2012
by Member on Sep. 4, 2014 at 4:10 PM
9 moms liked this

I am a replubican and proud of it . I really think both sides should work together. Instead of blaming the rebubs blame the president sinse he apperntly does not care what is going on in this country.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Sep. 4, 2014 at 4:13 PM
6 moms liked this

The republicans have gone off the deep end.Just look at congress(John Boehner,Ted Cruz,and especially your nazi Tea party).

They are racist and hate the president...just because.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Sep. 4, 2014 at 4:14 PM
1 mom liked this

AHmom103
by Member on Sep. 4, 2014 at 4:14 PM
28 moms liked this

Your rant is too long to bother reading the whole thing, but the whole "Jesus said to feed the poor" thing is getting old. Jesus NEVER said that the government was responsible for charity. We, as people, families, and churches, are responsible for giving to others. Not for having our money legally stolen from us so someone else could do it. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Sep. 4, 2014 at 4:16 PM
18 moms liked this

KyliesMom5
by Member on Sep. 4, 2014 at 4:31 PM
18 moms liked this
Yeah well, I will proudly vote republican.
CrazyAuntie
by Member on Sep. 4, 2014 at 6:00 PM
5 moms liked this

I have heard it said that the first step towards recovery is admittance. I find it amusing that you and those in DC use the same tired line...why doesn't Obama work with us?? How many times do you put your hand out only to have it slapped before you get tired of being slapped. He has tried time and again only to be turned down, ridiculed, disrespected (like I have never seen in my 50+ years) and maligned. I do not recall a single other president treated anywhere near the way they treat him. Some may have issues with his policies (as is perfectly fine) but others out there have one main issue with him...he's a black man who had the unmitigated gaul to walk right in the front door of the White House. Show me one other president that while they were at the inaugural ball the other side was meeting to decide how they were going to obstruct and deny everything he might bring before them. The leader of the repubs came right out and said that their number one priority was to make sure Obama didn't get re-elected..not that they all should work together for the good of the country. They have even gone so far as to rail against ideas that were theirs to begin with.

Quoting Landon2012:

I am a replubican and proud of it . I really think both sides should work together. Instead of blaming the rebubs blame the president sinse he apperntly does not care what is going on in this country.

CrazyAuntie
by Member on Sep. 4, 2014 at 6:03 PM
1 mom liked this

Okay, one question...why?

I'm not being sarcastic, I'd like to know why.

Quoting KyliesMom5: Yeah well, I will proudly vote republican.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 4, 2014 at 6:07 PM
15 moms liked this
If the president was doing such a great job why are his approval ratings so low. Take care of the poor if you want just do not take my money to do it. Even the democrats are jumping ship... the world is falling apart and he does nothing. He has broken the law over and over. The irs scandal is all his, if this was a republican president and he was passing executive orders left and right, targeting liberal groups through the irs you would be screaming for his head. The last president that used the irs was kicked out of office and it was not even near as bad as what has occurred under Obama. I will proudly got republican.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN