Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

venting

Posted by on Sep. 5, 2014 at 9:48 AM
  • 15 Replies
So I am a mommy of 2 beautiful children :-) and I love them very much. But like most stay at home moms my husband works a lot. I get overwhelmed with my children I mean for example I will be cooking dinner an my 20 month old daughter will randomly go up to her 7 yr old brother and bite him. I mean for no reason at all after I get her off of him an calm him down make sure he's OK she will end up in the kitchen taking off the lid of the trash can and dumping it over and most likely by this time I for get about dinner on the stove !!!! I clean the the trash up an she in the next room dumping out most likelyevery toy out in the toy bins ugh .... Once I get my son off the video game which is like pulling teeth an sitting at the table for dinner my daughter dumps her food all over the floor while my son complains about eating a pork chop an some vegetables .... He will literally beg for hot dogs or chicken nuggets for dinner . By that time I want to give in ....... I do my best to get them to eat then clean up YET AGAIN I get them in bed read them a story... U think it would end there BUT nope my toddler who is just now getting into a toddler bed climbs out of her bed @ 1 & 3 am by 5 am I give in an let her stay in bed with me just till 7 then my day starts all ove again ...... I am one overwhelmed mommy
by on Sep. 5, 2014 at 9:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lucky2Beeme
by Member on Sep. 5, 2014 at 9:57 AM
1 mom liked this

have something planned for her while you cook. Have her gated in the kitchen with you. Maybe giver her a big bowl of uncooked rice and bunch of measuring spoons, cup etc. Put it on the table with a plastic table cloth under it. Indoor sand box ! Institute the NO video game rule on school nights. OR you could say New rules If you eat dinner without complaining then you get 30 mins of video games after your are tubbed and ready for bed.  As long as you give in to her she will keep coming into you. Spend 1 or two nights bringing her back into her Bed. Do not turn on lights, do not talk to her. Once she realizes she isn't get anything she will stay put.  Good luck mama.

Surround yourself with people that add to your life not subtract from it.

MommyOftwo7707
by Member on Sep. 5, 2014 at 10:00 AM
Thank you I will definitely give those a try .

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

have something planned for her while you cook. Have her gated in the kitchen with you. Maybe giver her a big bowl of uncooked rice and bunch of measuring spoons, cup etc. Put it on the table with a plastic table cloth under it. Indoor sand box ! Institute the NO video game rule on school nights. OR you could say New rules If you eat dinner without complaining then you get 30 mins of video games after your are tubbed and ready for bed.  As long as you give in to her she will keep coming into you. Spend 1 or two nights bringing her back into her Bed. Do not turn on lights, do not talk to her. Once she realizes she isn't get anything she will stay put.  Good luck mama.

lucky2Beeme
by Member on Sep. 5, 2014 at 10:04 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting MommyOftwo7707: Thank you I will definitely give those a try .
Quoting lucky2Beeme:

I remember those days mama like they happened yesterday. It can be overwhelming. Deep breaths and BOOZE   LOL   (joke)

Surround yourself with people that add to your life not subtract from it.

MommyOftwo7707
by Member on Sep. 5, 2014 at 10:07 AM
LOL a glass of wine at the end of the night is my favorite . Thanks for the advice it is much appreciated.
DisabledVet
by on Sep. 5, 2014 at 12:31 PM
1 mom liked this

Try putting her in a playpen when you're busy. She can't bite or get into trouble.

Lindalou907
by Bronze Member on Sep. 5, 2014 at 4:06 PM

Ah mommy, it's not easy is it? Sounds like your toddler is a huge handful. Good for you for not caving in on the dinner issue, he will learn to eat what you make. Is your daughter dumping food on purpose? Or just messy?

MommyOftwo7707
by Member on Sep. 5, 2014 at 7:19 PM
I'm pretty sure it is on purpose.she will eat the food but after she dumps it all over the table and knock someone the floor.
rockinmomto2
by on Sep. 5, 2014 at 7:46 PM

Stick her in her high chair while you cook. Give her some coloring and toys, and leave her in there. 

As for the nightime visits, I'd suggest leaving her in her crib if you can. She's still too young (IMO) to be in a toddler bed. My kids didn't get into toddler beds until they were 3 or so because otherwise they'd wake up and wander around.

MommyOftwo7707
by Member on Sep. 5, 2014 at 7:53 PM
Thanks for the tips but I could not leave her in her crib because she was trying to climb out of it we have hard floor an I would never sleep thinking she might fall out trying to climb out .

Quoting rockinmomto2:

Stick her in her high chair while you cook. Give her some coloring and toys, and leave her in there. 

As for the nightime visits, I'd suggest leaving her in her crib if you can. She's still too young (IMO) to be in a toddler bed. My kids didn't get into toddler beds until they were 3 or so because otherwise they'd wake up and wander around.

rockinmomto2
by on Sep. 5, 2014 at 7:56 PM
1 mom liked this

Then I would either put a baby gate at her door, or just get up and put her back into bed every time she gets out. It'll be exhausting for you, but she'll stop coming into your bed.

Quoting MommyOftwo7707: Thanks for the tips but I could not leave her in her crib because she was trying to climb out of it we have hard floor an I would never sleep thinking she might fall out trying to climb out .
Quoting rockinmomto2:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)