Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

a right and a wrong way

Posted by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 9:59 AM
  • 7 Replies

I am not by any means a nosey person and, I generally live my life by the mantra of "To each their own" and "There is no one way to parent" . That all being said I walk my 2 youngest kids to school each day because the school is less than a block from our home and it just makes sense. Everyday when we get to the school there is this one mom she has 4-5 kids all girls. I am a mom of a large family having 5 kids altogether and I know how frustrating and downright insane it can be at times. Almost every day I see this mom at the path leading to the school in her large van with the kids and it seems every day she is screaming at these girls. I do not live her life and, I am sure that she has a lot of stress I know how hard much of a hardship it can be just to get 5 kids ready and to school on time but, she is so over the top I can generally hear her screaming while we are up the road from the school long before I can see her I can hear her. Today she was cursing at her children and being very aggressive. The ways he talks to these kids to me is just way over the top and hateful I consistently hear her saying shut the f**k up and I have heard her call these kids derogatory names in past . It makes my blood boil and often I am tempted to say something to her!?! I know that makes me sound like a nosey meddling person but, in my eyes there is a right and a wrong way to deal with children or people in general. I am not saying that I am perfect and that I have never raised my voice to my kids because that would be a lie. The line for me is screaming and cursing at the kids or anything that comes off as aggressive I mean I won't even talk to other adults like that. .........Sorry for my rant I guess it just pisses me off that not only is she so loud and mean to her kids but, that my kids have to hear her and see her act this way to her children and they look at me for an explanation and I don't have one to offer ??

by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 9:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
KikiKia
by Bronze Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 2:31 PM
1 mom liked this

That would bother me too.

lulumomof2
by Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 2:47 PM
1 mom liked this

I think that her behavior is unacceptable but there isn't much you can do. If it were me I'd tell my kids when they ask "why", that we dont' know what her life is like, what she maybe going through. And that sometimes people deal with stress by taking it out on the ones we love. Not that it excuses the behavior but we shouldn't judge people as we don't know what their journey is all about!!

Perstephane92
by Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 3:35 PM

That bothers me, too. I worked with someone like that - she called her daughter an a**hole, etc. Drove me nuts.

girlnextdoornco
by New Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 3:49 PM

That is really disturbing. I think we need to speak out on behalf of the children. In my mind, what you've described this woman saying sounds like verbal abuse. Just my opinion.

~sunshine on my shoulders makes me happy~

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Sep. 24, 2014 at 11:18 AM
1 mom liked this
Get her license plate number and report her, requesting a wellness check on the children. If you say something to her it may cause issues between her children and yours at school and I don't think its worth that. Tell the authorities and let them so their job.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 27, 2014 at 11:00 AM
It sounds more like there is YOUR way and the WRONG way! NOT YOUR KIDS NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS! Just STFU AND MYOV
Mommy03050708
by Member on Sep. 27, 2014 at 6:51 PM

Sure I guess your right. My way is not calling my kids derogatory names and screaming at them until they cry...If that's how you see it then I will admit I think my way is better than hers. I don't feel like I need to demean my children to make my point. My bad for caring about children regardless of who they belong to and thinking they don't deserve to be verbally assaulted.Not to mention my kids don't need to hear the language and tone this lady uses 

Quoting Anonymous 2: It sounds more like there is YOUR way and the WRONG way! NOT YOUR KIDS NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS! Just STFU AND MYOV

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)