Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

This job is a f****** joke.

Posted by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 2:42 PM
  • 2 Replies
I work security at a car plant. My actual job is to sit in a little guard shack, write down the truck number, company name, and time when a car hauler comes in, check the straps on the vehicles on the trailer, write down the # of cars, and time out when they leave, and report any suspicious activity.
My little area is overseen not by the car plant itself, but by the company that parks the cars, loads them on the trains, and gets them ready for transport off site.
It's a joke. I have two "gate arms," and if one is struck, I'm supposed to call MY surpervisor, him and two others are supposed to come out and look at the damage (no matter how minuscule), and the truck driver is supposed to be taken to take a drug test.
BUT if the big boss of the company that parks the cars decided it's not necessary, all that goes out the window and we as the security force is undermined.
Had that exact thing happen just now. I get stressed when there's no solid structure or set procedure. And I HATE being lied to.
Clearly, the little speech I got when they hired me about structure and procedure was a lie. All they care about is making sure they keep this contract and changing everything to suit everyone. There is no structure. There is no procedure. We are nothing but a joke to everyone.
I can't just change jobs. I'm lucky to even have this job. College isn't an option cause we aren't financially stable enough for me to go back to school. And this is the best paying site the security company has.
Ok, vent over.
by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 2:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
AnnieGoolaheey
by Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 2:45 PM
Most jobs like that are a joke. My husband used to work contract security at UPS. He hated it.
bresmommy21
by Bronze Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 3:19 PM

That is so funny. I worked as a security officer for a car plant. The shack was my favorite spot to work. You have more to do than I did though.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)