Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

can't stand my neighbor anymore!!!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 49 Replies

we have very nice neighbors, they are an older couple that never had kids, so they had "Adopted" our daughter as grandchildren....but lately I CAN'T STAND THEM ANYMORE (ore better her)!!! I can;t go in the backyard for 1 minute without having her come out and start talking, every day she bring us something, today it was green tomato bread and apple butter (which no one likes either one of those things), the other day she was visiting her brother that has viniard and asked me if I wanted greaps, I said no thanks, we have plenty, so she started insisting, at the end I said OK, next day here she comes with a BUSHEL OF CONCORD grapes... to make jelly she sais...I'm currently 7 months pregnant with a 4 and a 3 year old, the last thing I want to do now is grape jelly!!! the day before was half a bushel of plums, every day is something, I can't take it anymore. we always exchanded food and chat, but this is getting ridiculous, I feel stalked! if she doesn't sees me for more than 1 day she calls, I don't know what to do, I don't want to go to my backyard anymore! What should I do?!?!?!?!

I feel like the family in the movie one hour photo, where the guy goes from being nice to being creepy nice

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 23, 2014 at 5:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 23, 2014 at 5:28 PM
3 moms liked this
Be grateful someone is willing to help you and your family. Yea she isn't the easiest to get along with cause it sounds like she is really lonely.

If it bothers you that much why not say something? What it might make you seem unreasonable or ungrateful?
smurfette1903
by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 5:30 PM
9 moms liked this
Sounds like a sweet lady. Can you send her my way?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 23, 2014 at 5:30 PM

I tried to say no to the grapes, she came back with a BUSHEL!!! I used to be very thankful about them, but now it's getting annoying, I can;t go outside and rest for 10 minutes without having her start a conversation! I swear, if she sees me or my dd out for more than 1 min she comes out and start talking....I JUST WANT TO BE ALONE FOR 5 MINUTES, REST MY BRAIN AND RELAX!!!

Quoting Anonymous 2: Be grateful someone is willing to help you and your family. Yea she isn't the easiest to get along with cause it sounds like she is really lonely. If it bothers you that much why not say something? What it might make you seem unreasonable or ungrateful?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 23, 2014 at 5:31 PM
1 mom liked this

iS WHAT i SAID i ALWAYS LOVED HER, BUT NOW SHE IS GETTING RIDICULOUS, H AVE YOU READ THE POST? WOULD YOU LIKE IF NO ONE LEFT YOU ALONE FOR 1 MINUTE IN YOUR OWN BACKYARD?!

Quoting smurfette1903: Sounds like a sweet lady. Can you send her my way?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 23, 2014 at 5:33 PM

OH AND WHEN WE HAVE DINNER OUTSIDE, AS SOON AS I SET THE TABLE HERE SHE COMES! THE OTHER DAY MY DDS WHERE HAVING LUNCH NICE AND HAPPY, I HAD TO MAKE A PHONE CALL TO MY LAWYER AND HERE SHE COMES START TALKING TO THEM, THEY START ARGUING BECAUSE SHE SAID SOMETHING TO THEM, I CAN;T WORRY ABOUT HER TOO!!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 23, 2014 at 5:35 PM
Maybe you can talk to the land lord about designated yard times (if that's possible) the only options is to move which is extreme, avoid her, or tell her that sometimes you like to have family time I'm sure it will be offensive but if it bothers you that much worth a try

Quoting Anonymous 1:

I tried to say no to the grapes, she came back with a BUSHEL!!! I used to be very thankful about them, but now it's getting annoying, I can;t go outside and rest for 10 minutes without having her start a conversation! I swear, if she sees me or my dd out for more than 1 min she comes out and start talking....I JUST WANT TO BE ALONE FOR 5 MINUTES, REST MY BRAIN AND RELAX!!!

Quoting Anonymous 2: Be grateful someone is willing to help you and your family. Yea she isn't the easiest to get along with cause it sounds like she is really lonely.

If it bothers you that much why not say something? What it might make you seem unreasonable or ungrateful?

smurfette1903
by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 5:37 PM
1 mom liked this
I did r end the post but obviously you have some anger issues. If you can't handle different opinions, then perhaps Internet forums are not the best place for you.

I See Nothing Wrong With it. My neighbors come over when we are out. No big deal.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

iS WHAT i SAID i ALWAYS LOVED HER, BUT NOW SHE IS GETTING RIDICULOUS, H AVE YOU READ THE POST? WOULD YOU LIKE IF NO ONE LEFT YOU ALONE FOR 1 MINUTE IN YOUR OWN BACKYARD?!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 23, 2014 at 5:39 PM

we are not in an apartments we live in separate homes, we had bushes, but one of them died so we have a whole right to our patio area. I feel bad because I know she means good, but I'm feeling stalked, I can't go outside anymore!

Quoting Anonymous 2: Maybe you can talk to the land lord about designated yard times (if that's possible) the only options is to move which is extreme, avoid her, or tell her that sometimes you like to have family time I'm sure it will be offensive but if it bothers you that much worth a try
Quoting Anonymous 1:

Quoting Anonymous 2: Be grateful someone is willing to help you and your family. Yea she isn't the easiest to get along with cause it sounds like she is really lonely. If it bothers you that much why not say something? What it might make you seem unreasonable or ungrateful?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 23, 2014 at 5:43 PM

our other neighbors do to, we say hi, we chat a little and that's it, they don't stand there and stear at us every time we are out!!!! I had to come back in, I was outside making the new baby a blanket, and here she comes, we start talking a little, then my girls had to go play soccer, I prepare them, my youngest dd goes out a little more, we call her and she doesn't come, so we send our oldest, and she doesn't come, my husband goes out, and there she was talking at them, she was talking to them 5 minutes before!!! I could be outside ALONE right now and enjoy some ME time in the nice warm fall sun, but I can't because if I do, seh will come out!

Quoting smurfette1903: I did r end the post but obviously you have some anger issues. If you can't handle different opinions, then perhaps Internet forums are not the best place for you. I See Nothing Wrong With it. My neighbors come over when we are out. No big deal.
Quoting Anonymous 1:

smurfette1903
by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 5:48 PM
1 mom liked this
Yeah, I really don't care after your first response. You seem a little off. Oh, and this time I didn't read your response since you seem like a head case.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

our other neighbors do to, we say hi, we chat a little and that's it, they don't stand there and stear at us every time we are out!!!! I had to come back in, I was outside making the new baby a blanket, and here she comes, we start talking a little, then my girls had to go play soccer, I prepare them, my youngest dd goes out a little more, we call her and she doesn't come, so we send our oldest, and she doesn't come, my husband goes out, and there she was talking at them, she was talking to them 5 minutes before!!! I could be outside ALONE right now and enjoy some ME time in the nice warm fall sun, but I can't because if I do, seh will come out!

Quoting smurfette1903: I did r end the post but obviously you have some anger issues. If you can't handle different opinions, then perhaps Internet forums are not the best place for you.

I See Nothing Wrong With it. My neighbors come over when we are out. No big deal.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)