Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

not a vent. just need some advice about quitting a job...can you relate?

Posted by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 7:51 AM
  • 2 Replies

so I started working at a hotel nearby in September and when I had an interview with the manager, she said I had all the qualifications to become a manager sometime in the future if I like the idea so I vowed to stay as long as I can so I can make manager one day BUT as I work there, there are some employee's and even assistant manager that work beside her because they have been there for so long and they know her routine. I realize I don't think I could ever make it to manager position if she were to ever quit because those employees may be more qualified then I would ever be.

So anyway, I love to clean but I just don't think hotel work is for me. I tried it after being a SAHM for 10 or so years and even though I have 7 clients I clean for at their homes and a resort that is closed for now, I just don't know about hotel work, I work my butt off for 200 dollar paycheck every 2 weeks, there's a 4 page list of something's all of us need to perfect and some duties are new, I'm not really connecting with anyone there, some girls are narcs, I don't even mind that they are picky when it comes to cleanliness . if someone offered me another job, i'd probably take it but I feel bad for wanting to quit if the opportunity came. please help.

by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 7:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Adnalor
by Bronze Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 7:57 AM
Don't feel bad for quitting. Just make sure you have something else lined up before you do. Everyone there is looking out for themselves. You need to look out for yourself too.
amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Nov. 5, 2014 at 4:16 PM

If you're not liking the job, don't feel bad about quitting when you have something better.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)