• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I resent my S/O.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies

I've recently realized I resent my significant other .

I put my life on hold, waiting for him to grow up.I struggled paying bills while he bought video games.

I realized after almost 8 years, he's just now realizing when I need a hug or help. It's been this long and he's just NOW starting to understand me.

I no longer have any desire to kiss, hold hands or hug, because for the longest time... We never did. And now he wants to ... and I don't.

It took me almost leaving for him to show any emotion.

Because we've been together for almost 8 years and I've begged him to marry me and there's always a reason 'not to' And now that he's finally 'ready' I don't want to.

What I resent most... is the fact that I even feel this way. He was the love of my life... and now feeling like this breaks my heart.

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 4, 2014 at 10:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 4, 2014 at 11:07 AM
1 mom liked this

i know what your going through been there its hard to go through but the fact is he made you this way..but i am a true believer that it can come back for you just dont give up you dont have to go out of your way to please him but start with little things like cuddling on the couch or just let him show you w/o pushing him away its not easy but it can work if you want it to

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 4, 2014 at 11:54 AM

Thank you. I'm just so afraid what we had is gone.. and I really don't want it to end up that way! Thank you for your encouragement! You have no idea how much it means to me!

Quoting Anonymous 2:

i know what your going through been there its hard to go through but the fact is he made you this way..but i am a true believer that it can come back for you just dont give up you dont have to go out of your way to please him but start with little things like cuddling on the couch or just let him show you w/o pushing him away its not easy but it can work if you want it to

babyluv23
by Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 12:57 PM
1 mom liked this

Sorry for your heartache...this sucks. Men sometimes never grow out of it..you either accept this man for who he really is, and settle...or MOVE ON, to something better.

nfs2014
by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 1:52 PM
2 moms liked this

My first marriage was like that - and it ended after 7 years. I just couldn't do it anymore. It was too hard to be the only responsible adult in the relationship. He was incredibly selfish - not because he didn't care about me, but because he couldn't do better.

If you can fix your world, that is wonderful. If not, move on. I lost myself in my first marriage and found myself again after I realized I could end it. Hardest decision of my life to date, but I have had lots of happiness since then.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 4, 2014 at 1:54 PM

Did you have children?

Quoting nfs2014:

My first marriage was like that - and it ended after 7 years. I just couldn't do it anymore. It was too hard to be the only responsible adult in the relationship. He was incredibly selfish - not because he didn't care about me, but because he couldn't do better.

If you can fix your world, that is wonderful. If not, move on. I lost myself in my first marriage and found myself again after I realized I could end it. Hardest decision of my life to date, but I have had lots of happiness since then.

nfs2014
by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 1:59 PM

No - we didn't have any children together. It was a choice I made on purpose. We talked about having kids and really wanted them, but he wouldn't even take care of his things around the house, so I realized that kids would be just one more thing that would be all on me. Now I have a chance to have a kiddo.

If we had a kid it wouldn't have been as easy of a decision (not that it was easy at all).

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Did you have children?

Quoting nfs2014:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)