Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Last and losing....

Posted by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 12:34 PM
  • 8 Replies

I was wondering how many other moms feel like they are in a losing battle with the household and everything in it?

Kids, dog, husband and his needs, grocery shopping, cooking, cleaning, laundry, diapers, yard work (and not in this order), etc. are running my life.  I worked up until August 2013 and I feel lost.  I miss having my indentity at work and being Vanessa and a woman with a life, a purpose.  Now I just feel like a lost SAHM.  I do everything and most days I am cleaning the same mess I just cleaned yesterday.  I'm shopping for the same groceries every week.  Wiping up the same spills, same diapers to change, etc.  

I quite working because daycare is too expensive.  So how do I find happiness in a regimen I never wanted?  I was hoping I could continue to work but a new manager came in and decided she didn't need anyone part time in the evenings anymore.  Now I feel like I am just floating from day to day without any strong purpose.

by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 12:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
babyluv23
by Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 12:55 PM
1 mom liked this

Omg, i could have written this myself. I'm in the same boat as you, so i can totally relate. I don't work i've been a sahm this entire time 7 years now, and i thought i had plans to get my life on track, to find out i'm preggy again with baby #3!

All i could say is STAY Busy. Do something else other than being a mom. Read, relax, get out the house, hang out with a girlfriend, anything non-kid related. It's the only way we could stay sane. I wish i had all the answers too, but hang in there. XO

amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Nov. 5, 2014 at 4:00 PM

Why don't you find another part time job to fill that void?  

sheramom4
by Bronze Member on Nov. 5, 2014 at 4:06 PM

DH and I were just having this discussion. I am responsible for 99% of everything because DH is disabled. He has both physical and mental health issues from his time in the service. I am sick right now and feel like it is lasting longer because I can't catch a break. Laundry still needs to be done, dinner still needs to be made, bills still paid, scheduling, medications ordered, plus schooling the younger two kids (they attend hybrid school). Normally the kids do help but they are all sick as well so that is a no go. I am overwhelmed. 

RichmondMom3
by New Member on Nov. 5, 2014 at 11:36 PM
My husband's job has unpredictable hours. We have talked about it and when we think we can move forward with me getting a pt job his schedule goes crazy again. he is a manager for an Internet company. He drives a lot and sometimes even works weekends. If I try to work at night, when would I sleep?

Quoting amonkeymom:

Why don't you find another part time job to fill that void?  

Arielsavedme
by Member on Nov. 6, 2014 at 11:03 AM

Yep.. It is a part of life.. But the things we take for granted too, you know.. Soon your kids will be grown and have a life of their own and before you know it, you wished you had the life again.. Crazy huh.. My mom said this to me.. She said, Heidi of all the years of me complainning of your guys crap and how loud you guys were.. I would take it back in a second, instead of being alone and quiet in the house..   I am in your shoes too girlfriend.. It is like my laundry never ends!!!  But, I remind myself everyday what my mom says.. Some times it works lol, and some times I m like blah blah.... Thank god for beer !

Arielsavedme
by Member on Nov. 6, 2014 at 11:05 AM

Oh honey, I m sorry to hear about your husband...  I have seen my share with my husband serving over seas... But, thank him for his service from me!!!  I will pray for you to have some help and relief.

Quoting sheramom4:

DH and I were just having this discussion. I am responsible for 99% of everything because DH is disabled. He has both physical and mental health issues from his time in the service. I am sick right now and feel like it is lasting longer because I can't catch a break. Laundry still needs to be done, dinner still needs to be made, bills still paid, scheduling, medications ordered, plus schooling the younger two kids (they attend hybrid school). Normally the kids do help but they are all sick as well so that is a no go. I am overwhelmed. 

Nohora
by Bronze Member on Nov. 6, 2014 at 6:17 PM

Some exercise would help. I would join a gym with daycare or go to the park. Try to do some adult activities. That way you don't go insane. right now I want to go back to those days, I feel trapped at work.

othermom
by Member on Nov. 8, 2014 at 12:02 PM

It can be frustrating. I do most of the cleaning around here, I have a few chores that the kids do. I try to find ways to get out, I volunteer a few times a month to be around other people and get a break. It helps

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)