Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you deduct from the tip?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 80 Replies
I'm at Olive Garden for my moms birthday right now. After I ordered I realized I wanted to change my entree. When he brought the soup I asked if I could change it. He said no it's already set. I ordered chicken Alfredo. It's packed right now and there's probably 10 other chicken Alfredo orders. I don't buy what he's saying
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 4, 2014 at 9:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 4, 2014 at 9:32 PM
B
Anonymous
U
Anonymous
M
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 4, 2014 at 9:33 PM
P
lilmama8408
by Bronze Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 9:36 PM
Ask for the manager but I'm fairly sure they will charge you for both dishes even at half price for the one.
I always triple check myself before ordering
ttriddick
by Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 9:37 PM
It would suck, but no, I wouldn't deduct from my servers tip because I ordered something and changed my mind.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 4, 2014 at 9:39 PM
It's not a big deal I just don't buy it's that hard to cancel a simple dish. I felt rushed since it was his third time asking if we were ready to order.

Quoting lilmama8408: Ask for the manager but I'm fairly sure they will charge you for both dishes even at half price for the one.
I always triple check myself before ordering
nfbaz
by Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 9:40 PM
He's probably busy. If the service is still good then I wouldn't deduct from the tip. If he was rude about it then I would.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 4, 2014 at 9:40 PM
I just don't buy that it's not possible. The way he handled it I felt like he just didn't want to deal with it. How hard is it to change an order in the computer ? Or have to call your manager to do it.

Quoting ttriddick: It would suck, but no, I wouldn't deduct from my servers tip because I ordered something and changed my mind.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 4, 2014 at 9:42 PM
His response felt to me like he just didn't want to deal with it. He said he already put it in.

Quoting nfbaz: He's probably busy. If the service is still good then I wouldn't deduct from the tip. If he was rude about it then I would.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)