Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So frustrated.....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies
1 mom liked this
My STBX appears to "find" me on any website I join. He than snaps shots my profiles, comments, posts, etc and actually shares them with his attorney and god knows who else. Call me crazy, but this sounds like "stalking" to me which I thought was illegal, but the only advice I get is "stay off the Internet" ! This makes me so angry. He stalks me and that's ok ? But to stop it, I have to give up the Internet ? Has anyone else ever experienced this and if so please share. I feel like a prisoner.......... Ty
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 8, 2014 at 5:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ayacocca
by Member on Nov. 8, 2014 at 8:33 AM
4 moms liked this
Uhm, yes.. This IS stalking.. As long as you aren't online being inappropriate I'd stay on there, & make your profiles private if you can. That's so crazy
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 8, 2014 at 9:13 AM
3 moms liked this
Go talk to the DV unit. They're better trained to deal with this. This is cyber-stalking.

Also, have someone wipe your computer. He may have some sort of spyware. My ex tried to do that with me.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 8, 2014 at 12:00 PM
Thank you. I have been to DV counseling 3 times while we were together and once after I left. I tried to file a restraining order but the judge said this was not a threat to my life. It's just very upsetting that I am basically banned from living my life bc he stalks me. It seams very backwards to me .
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 8, 2014 at 12:18 PM
You can also try the state attorneys office and ask for stalking charges to be filed.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Thank you. I have been to DV counseling 3 times while we were together and once after I left. I tried to file a restraining order but the judge said this was not a threat to my life. It's just very upsetting that I am basically banned from living my life bc he stalks me. It seams very backwards to me .
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 8, 2014 at 12:22 PM
Are u using a laptop or pc he had access too? He may have installed a keylogger on it. I would take it to a computer store to be cleaned/checked or buy a new machine. Other than that, I would just post ridiculously happy sunshine and rainbows b.s. that can't be used against you in court.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 8, 2014 at 6:24 PM
The lap top I have I got after he moved out so he never had access to it. I try to change up user names and stuff, I am not very computer savvy and frankly I hate the fact that I have to be so careful bc he's a stalker. It's really annoying and very violating . As for stuff I post, most of the time it's just fun . I went off all the dating sites I had ever been on bc he found me in every one. He even tried posing as people and messaging me. I can live without the dating sites but the point is I should not have to give up me freedom bc of this
amygirl411
by Bronze Member on Nov. 9, 2014 at 8:13 PM
My ex started this behaviour AFTER our divorce. Not sure why or if anyone but his family (his mother started it when we were married ;-/) knows, but it's been happening to me since 2009 & not even the courts will help me deal with it ....
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 10, 2014 at 4:34 AM
It's crazy right? Ok do anything on the Internet is NOY private that's fine, but the fact that people are allowed to go on and find you in any site you go on is ridiculous ! I mean stalking is creepy, violating and a crime. We should be protected. If my ex was doing this and not making me aware than that's just a sickness but he's doing this, taking snap shots, sharing with his attorney, he actually once sent me snap shots of my dating profile along with times and dates I had visited. To me whether it's "private" or not is just plain scary ! The courts need to see that this is a form of stalking and make stricter laws about it. Just my opinion
Valentina327
by Bronze Member on Nov. 10, 2014 at 4:41 AM
1 mom liked this
The Internet IS the public domain.
Everyone needs to stop bitching about not having privacy on the Internet... IT'S DESIGNED TO MAKE THINGS PUBLIC. You can't put stuff out there for the world to see then complain when they see it. It doesn't work both ways.

Stop posting anything that he can use against you in a divorce. Very simple. See, problem solved.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 10, 2014 at 4:55 AM
I'm not stupid and don't post anything he can use in the divorce! Obviously you have never been stalked! My point is that stalking is a crime! And this is a site for people to discuss things and "vent" if you think it's "bitching""maybe you should not be on such a sight. Maybe you are a cyber stalker too ..... And don't want to give up your right to stalk!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)