Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is he to old

Posted by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 12:09 AM
  • 47 Replies
My step son is 18 months old and had a serious surgery when he was 7 weeks old and have other small surgeries from time to time and he still has days where he struggles through out the day and on those days my husband and I let him sleep in a play pen in our room just to keep an eye on his just in case because he will have hard times breathing at night after he has struggled all day and a baby monitor isn't always enough to hear him and today my sister was over and noticed the play pen in my room and asked about it so I explained to her it's purpose of being there and she had a huge fit saying he is way to old to be sleeping in our room weather he has troubles breathing at night sometimes or not she said I shouldn't do that anymore or I will start a bad habit and a good baby monitor should be enough and that I should be a smarter mom and make him sleep in his own room so is he to old should I stop letting him sleep in our room even if it isn't every night and just on the days he needs us to keep a close eye on him
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 12:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 24, 2014 at 12:32 AM
5 moms liked this

Oh screw what she said.   It is to keep him safe not just because.

cleansedbyglory
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 12:33 AM

<3 no idea, so here is a bump for you!

3gurlz1boy
by Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 1:35 AM
5 moms liked this

I'd keep him in there with me for my own peace of mind. You are the mother and all the decisions are yours to make.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 24, 2014 at 5:42 AM
4 moms liked this
I would do the same! This poor child has already gone through so much who cares if he does grow a habit of sleeping in your room. It's something that can be broke when he is healthy! Tell your sister to butt out!
This is coming from someone who is greatly against co sleeping!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 24, 2014 at 5:47 AM
2 moms liked this
Im against child sleeping in parents roo /bed, but when my child is sick i make sure i aclose by. I think you are very smart for having your child in your room
skipp2
by Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 6:01 AM
1 mom liked this

My DD slept in a play pen when she was 3 for about four months because we were travelling. Your sister would have shit a brick at that one, lol!

There's nothing wrong with what you're doing!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 24, 2014 at 6:03 AM
2 moms liked this
My 5 year old 2 year old and 4 month old sleep in one room with my husband me and our dog right now. Screw her
Amber0916
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 8:22 AM
2 moms liked this

Thank you! I am also super against cosleeping which is why he sleeps in a play pen and not our bed! I have told her to not worry about it I am the one who will have to deal with it when the time comes if he does get a bad habit not her so i dont understand why she is having such a fit about but she even still had a fit about it and has text me multiple times about it sense last night 

Quoting Anonymous 2: I would do the same! This poor child has already gone through so much who cares if he does grow a habit of sleeping in your room. It's something that can be broke when he is healthy! Tell your sister to butt out! This is coming from someone who is greatly against co sleeping!

Amber0916
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 8:26 AM

I really dont see anything wrong with that if it works for you thats what matters 

Quoting Anonymous 4: My 5 year old 2 year old and 4 month old sleep in one room with my husband me and our dog right now. Screw her

Amber0916
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 8:27 AM
1 mom liked this

LOL! my sister would freak out about that! but honestly i dont see anything wrong with it if it works for you then it works for you 

Quoting skipp2:

My DD slept in a play pen when she was 3 for about four months because we were travelling. Your sister would have shit a brick at that one, lol!

There's nothing wrong with what you're doing!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)