Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What Do You Think Of This?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies

"Family" situation - my exhusband and I have a daughter together. His current girlfriend has two adopted kids (a 3 year old girl and a 6 year old boy). She also has children that she is fostering (not sure if that is the right word). She dresses my daughter (who is 5 years old) and the 3 year old adopted daughter alike ALL THE TIME. Everytime I see pictures of them, they are dressed in the exact same outfit and their hair is done the exact same way. Thoughts?

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 24, 2014 at 12:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 24, 2014 at 1:19 PM
No big deal. When fostering kids she probably has clothing that was given to them or she got it for a deal. I think she sounds like a wonderful person for adopting and fostering children. And taking care of your daughter like she was one of her own when she is under her care.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 24, 2014 at 1:23 PM

Would you still considering her a wonderful person if she has asked my daughter to call her mom? Or that she tries to play my daughter off like she is hers and not her boyfriend's daughter?

Quoting Anonymous 2: No big deal. When fostering kids she probably has clothing that was given to them or she got it for a deal. I think she sounds like a wonderful person for adopting and fostering children. And taking care of your daughter like she was one of her own when she is under her care.

offrdngal
by Bronze Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 1:25 PM
Have you discussed any of this with her. Have you told her to stop? Gave you discussed it with your ex?

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Would you still considering her a wonderful person if she has asked my daughter to call her mom? Or that she tries to play my daughter off like she is hers and not her boyfriend's daughter?

Quoting Anonymous 2: No big deal. When fostering kids she probably has clothing that was given to them or she got it for a deal. I think she sounds like a wonderful person for adopting and fostering children. And taking care of your daughter like she was one of her own when she is under her care.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 24, 2014 at 1:30 PM
Well, you didn't put that in your orignal post...I think that is really weird and crossing the line. Tell her to stop.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 24, 2014 at 1:47 PM

I have not discussed with her because my ex tells me that I have no right to talk to her (I talked to her one night on the phone because her dad was not there) and I've said something to him but he denies it. There has been a lot of shady things going on but everyone always tells me to be thankful that someone is there taking care of my daughter. Um no?

Quoting offrdngal: Have you discussed any of this with her. Have you told her to stop? Gave you discussed it with your ex?
Quoting Anonymous 1:

offrdngal
by Bronze Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 1:53 PM
You have every right to talk to her or anyone who is dealing with your daughter. Yes, it's good that she's there and is good with your daughter. However, there are lines that are being crossed and she needs to be told to back off.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

I have not discussed with her because my ex tells me that I have no right to talk to her (I talked to her one night on the phone because her dad was not there) and I've said something to him but he denies it. There has been a lot of shady things going on but everyone always tells me to be thankful that someone is there taking care of my daughter. Um no?

Quoting offrdngal: Have you discussed any of this with her. Have you told her to stop? Gave you discussed it with your ex?
Quoting Anonymous 1:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 24, 2014 at 1:55 PM

You are preaching to the choir lol. My ex is a walking contradiction. He told me that my boyfriend shouldn't be making comments in the background when I'm talking with my daughter on the phone, yet his gf can argue with me about giving her certain foods she is allergic to, give her kisses on the mouth, ask her to call her mom.........you get the picture. They go out in public and act as if they have all of those kids together when in reality one of them has a mom, the other two are just foster kids and the other two were adopted with her and her ex husband. She treats those kids like accessories, not people.

Quoting offrdngal: You have every right to talk to her or anyone who is dealing with your daughter. Yes, it's good that she's there and is good with your daughter. However, there are lines that are being crossed and she needs to be told to back off.
Quoting Anonymous 1:

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 24, 2014 at 2:08 PM

I didn't put that in my original post because every other time I've done it, people tell me that I must be jealous of my ex's girlfriend and that I have control issues. Yup, that's it.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Well, you didn't put that in your orignal post...I think that is really weird and crossing the line. Tell her to stop.
Quoting Anonymous 1:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)