Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Seriously, get a grip crazy.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies

Back in August, the woman my dad married informed me that my SB (19) came out and was being disowned and not to answer if he called. I told her I absolutely would answer if he called and wouldn't be turning my back on him. She threw a fit, I hung up. I had not spoken to her or my dad since then. She always been super controlling and dramatic, no one likes her and my brothers have long since quit communicating with my dad because of not wanting to deal with her.

She called me this morning informing me of what time we should be there for Thanksgiving. I told her we would not be able to make it for thanksgiving. She tells me I have too, (ha, bitch please, I don't have to do a damn thing) and people were expecting us. Oh well. You didn't bother to say anything about this until today, we have plans. In fact, I'm hosting my stepbrother and a cousin, but I didn't tell her that. Well she has a fit about how we're letting everyone down. Oh I'm sorry, I'm not willing to let you try and make my kids call you grandma and talk about how much you adore them in front of others, but always ignore them otherwise. I just told her we wouldn't be there and hung up.

Someone must have told her I was having my stepbrother, because she called me back screaming and carrying on. So I hung up. She blew up my phone with this bullshit for over an hour before I got fed up and picked up and yelled that she can bitch all she wants, but she does not get to tell anyone else how they are to treat her adult child! I also not so kindly reminded her I was already an adult when she married my father, she was nothing to me but the woman he married. She does not get to try and dictate what I do.

Then my dad gets on the phone and starts in on how it's her choice, and I cut in with "yes, it's her choice on how SHE treats him, she has no say in how anyone else does!" Then he actually said it was easier to just go with it. I told him we had nothing more to talk about, hung up, and blocked their numbers.

I do not have the time or the willpower to deal with them any longer. I plan to have a wonderful Thanksgiving with my SB, and he'll be with us for Christmas as well. Maybe if my dad ever finds his balls again, we can talk, but otherwise, oh well. I'm not willing to expose my children to mrs crazy pants and he wouldn't visit without her, so it is what it is.

Not looking for advice or anything, I just needed to get that out.

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 24, 2014 at 12:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
J.M.O.
by Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 1:03 PM
I don't blame you, she sounds horrid. Her poor son. Have a great Thanksgiving dinner with your family!
Dora1692
by New Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 1:05 PM
Good for you! She's crazy.
amylulu1
by Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 1:07 PM

Good for you for taking a stand for what is right!  He should be glad she disowned him...she sounds toxic!

waynebrianna
by Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 1:12 PM
Good job.
demonica29
by Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 1:21 PM

Go, mama!

babyliz13
by Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 1:22 PM
Yeah I would have issues with her too. Just enjoy your holiday with the family you like.
offrdngal
by Bronze Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 1:32 PM
Wow...what a bitch!! I would have done the exact same thing. I cut my mother and two sisters out of my life, in '09. No one has to put up with that kind of bullshit. Good for you!! Have a great Thanksgiving. :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)