Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

made a discussion that is breaking my heart

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 2 Replies

came to a discussion today that i have to put my dog down and thats no way around it 

his a 7 year old staffy named cass ive had him since the day he was born due his parents where my brothers dogs .

the reason i have to put him down this friday is because he attacted my daugter who is two leaving her with a swollen eye with scraches and brusing on her face. he has never bitten or attacked her before he has growed but that was when she was younger when she pulling his tail to hard which they both got told off for,

but last night was horrile me and my daughter was playing games on the kindle and the kindle went dead so i got up to put it on charge which the charger is right next to the sofa so i am right by her and him and when i put it in she strocked my dogs stomach saying good boy and all of a sudden he within a split second he turned around and started biting and scarching at her face and neck

now as soom as it started i managed to rip him off her and drag him into the kitchen while i checked and calmed her and me down but since that happened ive decided that he needs to be put down,

i know its the right thing for the protection of my daughter but im constently crying ive had my dog since the day he was born he was runt of the litter ive so many good memorys so many happy times plus he and my daughter since the day she was born are inseprable where she went he followed and vis versa.

i just feel so bad doing it and its breaking me looking into my dogs eyes knowing in a few days time his gonna be gone and i just cant stop crying.

i just wanted to get write this out becaue since yesterday all i keep doing is playing it over and over in my mind and its killing me doing so

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 24, 2014 at 1:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Candiebears
by Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 2:33 PM

Whats worse? Honestly.. if it where your daughter or the dog. I know how you're feeling, but you are doing the right thing. Children come first, before any animal. I wish you all the best! If you need to talk of vent, please don't hesitate to msg me!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 24, 2014 at 2:37 PM

Quoting Candiebears:

i know my child comes first thats why im having him put to sleep but it dossnt wipe away all the other 7 years he has been an amazing protecter and loving dog and that he is a part of the family, 

having to go friday and saying good bye kills me 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)