• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

This was a BAD BAD B A D idea!

Posted by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 5:26 PM
  • 25 Replies
My older sister & her 3 year old has come to stay with us for about a week in a half to help me bring on labor by walking with me & things & help me when our son is born. My husband just got a new promotion at work & works very late hours now. He was granted leave from work for when the baby is born but it won't be until the end of next month. We also have a 1 year old daughter. So having the extra help from my sister for the first couple of days or so when my son is born would be much help. SO I THOUGHT!

She has only been here three days & my husband & I are already discussing buying her & my niece a ticket back to America sooner than when she plans to leave! She burned food on the stove twice because she isn't used to the stove style. I keep telling if she doesn't know how to use it just ask me & DON'T MESS WITH IT! Our whole downstairs smells like burnt food. My neice persistently pulls every toy or anythig she find into the kitchen & all over the house. I told my sister thats fine as long as she picks up after her because I can not bend over to pick 300 toys & objects up. She said she would BUT HAS NOT. So everytime my husband comes home he is greeted by a fucking hell hole of a house. So I just stared picking the toys up myself. He helps too but I can tell it frustrates him because he's just walking into the door after an 18 hour shift.

My niece whines all day & screams to the top of her lungs. I made a comment & said "I hope she is able to quiet it down when the baby gets here". My sisters reply was "it'll be alright. Newborns sleep through every thing".... uhmmmm hmmm, let me think? NO BITCH! Your daughter can't be running around like a Tasmanian devil when my son gets here! She also told me the other day that if I'm too dramatic & loud during labor then she's going to walk out of the room because "she can't take all that drama & noise". Girl your child is a fire truck! If you can take that then you can support me during my labor & stay by my side no matter what noise I make!

& today my husband lays my daughter down in her crib for a nap. I hear lots of noise coming from out of her room. I go in there & my niece is IN HER CRIB TOO WITH AAAAALL THE TOYS FROM THE ROOM INSIDE THERE ALSO & BATTERIES ALL OVER THE CRIB! MY SISTER IS LAYING THERE ON THE COMPUTER NOT GIVING A SHIT! I tell her she needs to get my niece out of my daughters crib immediately! & that NO TOYS are allowed in there. Her response is "girl they are just playing". Uhmmm girrrrlllll I don't give a shit if they are scratching off winning lottery tickets for $10000000 each! No playing, no jumping, no toys, NO BATTERIES, in her crib. That is where she sleeps! While I'm saying this my daughter bangs her head on a hard toy my niece dragged in the crib & starts crying. Then I look around the room &..... ladies.... I'm about to kill somebody. All my sons washed clothes & blankets are pulled out of his drawers. There's chip crumbs & ripped book pages everywhere. & my niece went into my daughters snack organizer & ate half of the snacks in there!

I told my sister if she traveled all the way here just to make things harder for me then she shouldn't have come. & that the room WOULD REMAIN CLEAN! If she didn't like it then they couldn't sleep in there & would have to sleep downstairs in the living room (which she refuses too because "she needs privacy"). Her response to this was "girl this is exactly how it is at my house". I told her this isn't her house! I ended up having to clean up the whole room before my husband got home by myself because I now he would've went all the way the hell off. Now my husband & I are hoping that she leaves BEFORE our son gets here because this is nothing but extra stress, NOT HELP!
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 5:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
WickedOpal
by Bronze Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 5:30 PM
4 moms liked this
Time to get on Expedia and get them expedited out of there!
DisabledVet
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 5:33 PM
1 mom liked this

Buy the tickets and send her packing. If you need an excuse say it's on orders from your doctor who says you're doing to much with her there. It's a shame when relatives do not live up to our expectations.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 24, 2014 at 5:35 PM
Yeah send her home. It sucks when people can't even make an effort to help. And it drives me nuts when they let their kids run amuck like that.
asbs11
by Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 5:37 PM
I know :( I love my sister but so far this just isn't working. This is the biggest slap in my face because I really thought she would help.

Quoting DisabledVet:

Buy the tickets and send her packing. If you need an excuse say it's on orders from your doctor who says you're doing to much with her there. It's a shame when relatives do not live up to our expectations.

kaybayblee3
by Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 5:37 PM
1 mom liked this

Send her packing. She doesn't respect your house like that, then she doesn't need to stay there any more. She's just adding more stress that you don't need right now.

Side note**Your hair looks so pretty in your photo :)

asbs11
by Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 5:40 PM
Sadly I think it's best she goes too. My husband & I are going to talk about what day we should buy her ticket for when he gets off. I feel bad but I just can't take all of this right now.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Yeah send her home. It sucks when people can't even make an effort to help. And it drives me nuts when they let their kids run amuck like that.
asbs11
by Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 5:44 PM
I know. I really really love my big sister. But I have always been her big sister mentally because she can be very irresponsible like this. But she's gotten a lot worse. I really can't handle all this right now. & thank you :)

Quoting kaybayblee3:

Send her packing. She doesn't respect your house like that, then she doesn't need to stay there any more. She's just adding more stress that you don't need right now.

Side note**Your hair looks so pretty in your photo :)

cheetah90210
by Silver Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 5:53 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh hell nah
flowerfunleah
by Leah on Nov. 24, 2014 at 11:52 PM

That sounds horrible. You should tell her that she either does what you ask of her (which is basic houseguest respect) or you'll buy her a ticket home. Where do you live?

asbs11
by Member on Nov. 25, 2014 at 12:07 AM
Everytime I lay down a rule for her she either doesn't follow through or has a smart remark to say. I live in Canada.

Quoting flowerfunleah:

That sounds horrible. You should tell her that she either does what you ask of her (which is basic houseguest respect) or you'll buy her a ticket home. Where do you live?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)