Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Gym pet peeves

Posted by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 9:01 PM
  • 14 Replies
1. People who rest on the equipment. I get it. You rest for one minute between your 3 sets of 10 reps. You don't want to risk someone getting on it during your rest between sets. But that is just, SELFISH, inefficient and rude! I do not rest between sets. I circut train. I do a set of 10 on one machine, then another 10 on another machine and different muscle group, then hop onto a third machine. Then I go back to the first, and you are totally messing up my circut! I can't stop and stand around twiddling my thumbs for five freakin minutes. My heart rate would go down, plus I am only allowed to leave d.d. in the Kidz Zone for 2 hours, and I don't want to waste a minute of it. Plus, I was gonna be off again in 10 seconds, can't we take turns?!

2. WHY do they put those big T.V.'s on The Food Network?! They know we are trying to be in shape, right?! Now I've just burned 500 calories on this elliptical machine, and all I wanna do is go to the bakery for a 1000 calorie cupcake the size of my head because that's what I've been looking at for the past hour. :/

3. For crying out loud, guys, stop staring at me and making flirty eyes. I know I'm NOT that hot, and I have a hubby. I'm not here to find a side lover, I'm here to get and stay fit so MY hubby doesn't go find a side lover! (Lol, o.k., j/k on that last part. He would never! And if he would just because of 5 extra lbs, then she can have him!)

4. Other parents; please stop bringing sick kids to the Kidz Zone! Then MY kid gets sick, then my whole family gets sick, then I can't come to the gym for a week, because I do care if we get other kids sick.
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 9:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
loisl25
by Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 9:05 PM
Bump
loisl25
by Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 9:33 PM
bump
madwifa
by on Nov. 25, 2014 at 6:51 AM
Lol so agreed
I add people when I'm in the pool no I don't want to share my lane. Sorry the idle line is my guide not the lane divider.
2 eww super sweaty people wipe the machines down when you get up.
3.dont use the equipment as your stuff holder there are lockers for this.
madwifa
by on Nov. 25, 2014 at 6:55 AM
Yeah the channels food , sports weather or newa.
I like the machines that have individual tvs. I wish my gym had those. Oh and the movie room that is interesting. My gym doesn't have it either. I do think the movie room might be full of germs or gross stuff. Lol it is so dark
teri4lance
by Bronze Member on Nov. 25, 2014 at 7:01 AM
Yes wipe down the machines. That is so gross.
happinessforyou
by Bronze Member on Nov. 25, 2014 at 12:14 PM

1. Women who have a ton of makeup on- yeah we know you're cute and you are never going to sweat.

2. People who talk on their cell phones while trying to work out. Rude- no one wants to hear all that.

3. People who think an hour on the bike is fine-even with 6 other people milling around wondering when you are going to finish.

4. Parents who bring young kids into adult spaces-there is a 16 and older rule for a reason. You think your 10 year old is just incredably mature, but really??? We pay to have our kids watched-you can too.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 25, 2014 at 3:32 PM

Wow, so many unwritten rules just for doing exercise. I have never been to a gym (there aren't any within an hour of where I live), I thought that if people paid to get in they could use it as they saw fit. Interesting.

loisl25
by Member on Nov. 25, 2014 at 4:55 PM
Lol! I k.w.y.m.! I don't do laps in the pool this time of year because even though the pool is heated I freeze when I get out! But the other ladies just float around chatting, not really, "lap swimming" lol.

Quoting madwifa: Lol so agreed
I add people when I'm in the pool no I don't want to share my lane. Sorry the idle line is my guide not the lane divider.
2 eww super sweaty people wipe the machines down when you get up.
3.dont use the equipment as your stuff holder there are lockers for this.
loisl25
by Member on Nov. 25, 2014 at 4:58 PM
Ohh! Yeah! I totally forgot that one! They have the paper towels and the spray for a reason!

Quoting teri4lance: Yes wipe down the machines. That is so gross.
loisl25
by Member on Nov. 25, 2014 at 5:03 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh, I know! I mean, I.D.C. if it's important to you to look cute, but really, why!?

I do 30 minutes on the eliptical and 30 on the treadmill if the gym is busy and the machines are full.

Quoting happinessforyou:

1. Women who have a ton of makeup on- yeah we know you're cute and you are never going to sweat.

2. People who talk on their cell phones while trying to work out. Rude- no one wants to hear all that.

3. People who think an hour on the bike is fine-even with 6 other people milling around wondering when you are going to finish.

4. Parents who bring young kids into adult spaces-there is a 16 and older rule for a reason. You think your 10 year old is just incredably mature, but really??? We pay to have our kids watched-you can too.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)