Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

WWYD?

Posted by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 9:24 AM
  • 12 Replies

Okay, obviously we're all moms, so if your 17 yo daughter, who is in JROTC, came up to you and told you about a boy [also 17 and in JROTC] was bothering her by attempting to kiss her, attempts to hug her and even walks up behind her and places his hands on her hip sexually, when she doesnt want it or even likes this kid...WWYD?

Would you simply keep saying "Lemme know when it happens again, and I'll tell your commander" or would you do something more drastic?

This is the case with my 17 yo SIL, and what her parents are doing. The hubs is pissed and wants to do more, but really he cant do much because he cant even talk to the school on his sisters behalf w/o being on "the list" which he is not on.

by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 9:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
offrdngal
by Bronze Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 9:33 AM
Has he talked to SIL? She needs to be the one to talk to her commander. If she has and nothing has been done, then someone needs to report this to the principal and/or the superintendent. Go to the school's website and see if they list contact email addresses for the staff. If they do, try sending an email to the commander (if SIL hasn't spoken to him/her). Send an email to principal and/or superintendent about the situation.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 4, 2014 at 9:42 AM

If my daughter was being sexually harrassed and assaulted, no, I would not sit by and say, "Oh, just tell me if it happens again." I'd report it to the commander, the principal, and I'd seriously consider filing charges against him. I was raped in high school, I take that very seriously.

whitleypittman
by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 9:47 AM
I was in JROTC in high school, and I told my command when this boy kept threatening to punch me in the face. SIL needs to talk to her commander.
Ashley__Nicole
by Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 10:33 AM

SIL has spoken with commander, and apparently he has had to run laps, demoted or something but it has not phased him. SIL has been telling her parents [it seems to me because] she is asking for help. She has mentioned she is afraid to tell the principal.

The main reason I ask this, is because this morning on the city news website there was an article that stated this same boy was being charged as an adult for sexual assult and maybe more charges for forcing a girl in an abandon house directly off of school property on her way home. This girl was 15, no name release, not that its needed, and the girl managed to get away. This could have been my SIL and it scares me and makes me actually feel bad for not doing soemthing more for her

Tigress22304
by Bronze Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 5:14 PM

Then perhaps your SIL needs to see the school principal-if the commander isn't doing much about it-she needs to go to the next person in the chain of command.

JROTC or not-if there was a boy doing this to my daughter or stepdaughter-believe me my ass would be up in that school demanding answers.

Quoting Ashley__Nicole:

SIL has spoken with commander, and apparently he has had to run laps, demoted or something but it has not phased him. SIL has been telling her parents [it seems to me because] she is asking for help. She has mentioned she is afraid to tell the principal.

The main reason I ask this, is because this morning on the city news website there was an article that stated this same boy was being charged as an adult for sexual assult and maybe more charges for forcing a girl in an abandon house directly off of school property on her way home. This girl was 15, no name release, not that its needed, and the girl managed to get away. This could have been my SIL and it scares me and makes me actually feel bad for not doing soemthing more for her

MissMackiesgg
by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 5:31 PM

Call the police and have them investigate as a sexual harassment case.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 4, 2014 at 5:39 PM

I would ask for a meeting with the commander and the principal and explain what is happening and that it continues to happen. Sexual harassment is not something to be taken lightly. If the boy will not listen the boys parents need to be brought in. 

2murphyboys
by Member on Dec. 5, 2014 at 4:09 AM

Her parents need to make it clear to the commanding officer that this is harrassment and if he won't take care of it then he won't like how THEY take care of it. So stupid! If this kid is not taught NOW that this kind of behavior is wrong then who knows what he may go and do! 

propswife
by on Dec. 5, 2014 at 6:17 AM

He can't talk to the school, but he can talk to his sister and his parents.  SIL needs to report this at school ASAP.  If I were you, or your husband, I'd talk to your in-laws and ask them if they are waiting until your SIL is raped before they get involved. 

Not sure why SIL is afraid to tell the principal.  Perhaps your husband can offer to go with her to the principal to make the report since he cannot do it on her behalf.

ladybugchick317
by on Dec. 5, 2014 at 10:43 AM

Her parents need to talk to the commander first and see what can be done on his end but I would have the commander and the principal both there to make sure something gets done. If it continutes then her parents should press charges against him for sexual harassment.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)