Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

WTF MOTHER?!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies

Ok so Christmas is coming up right? So I bought my husband a PS3 (like the ORIGINAL one. The one that doesnt play blu-rays and still plays PS2 games on it) and a few games. I tell my mom about how I bought it for him. Then my husband and I buy pots and pans and a knife set because we just moved to a new state and didnt bring our mismatched pots and things like that. So I tell her so she can be excited for me.

This is the first Christmas I am not going to be with my family. I just had a baby a 3 months (today) ago and my husband and I moved at the beginning of this month. Christmas is a big thing for my family. Especially because I just had a baby and my mom is expecting - She is pissed about it but its growing on her- twins. 

My mom thinks it would be alright to tell me that I fucked up her Christmas present to my family 2 times now. She was going to get me a PS4 but I "fucked that up" because I got the OLDEST PS3 in the book for my husband. She found an AWESOME pan set she was going to get us but I "fucked that up" because i needed something to cook with...? I dont know. All I know is that If you are NOT going to get it for me PLEASE dont tell me that I FUCKED IT UP or even TELL ME ABOUT IT because all it does is hurt my feelings. 

I dont mean to sound like a spoiled brat becasue I am far from one. My family has money but they dont help my family out at all! Just needed to justify myself. 

I just needed a second to vent.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 12, 2014 at 4:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
3gurlz1boy
by Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 5:16 PM

I honestly don't think I'd want a present for someone who spoke to me like that. How in the world were you supposed to know what she was planning on getting you????

I had been planning on buying my mother-in-law something for six months now for Christmas, and she mentioned to me that her son is getting it for her for Christmas. I didn't feel like he had 'fucked up Christmas'. I just chose something else I know she will like. 

young_lv_mom
by Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 5:20 PM
Sorry she is being like that. Maybe tell her until she stops her crap you will be taking a break from talking to her. I hope if anything it gets better.
But as for the PS3, when they first came out and non of them were backwards compatible, and they all played blu-ray. So I'm in shock over what you bought.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 12, 2014 at 5:43 PM

Right?! I am in SHOCK that my mom would say something to me like that since we dont get to be together... Thats hard enough you know? She told me that "since i fucked up all i get is a gift card" I dont even know what to say to that. I actually started to cry because that was the only thing that would come out...

Quoting 3gurlz1boy:

I honestly don't think I'd want a present for someone who spoke to me like that. How in the world were you supposed to know what she was planning on getting you????

I had been planning on buying my mother-in-law something for six months now for Christmas, and she mentioned to me that her son is getting it for her for Christmas. I didn't feel like he had 'fucked up Christmas'. I just chose something else I know she will like. 

3gurlz1boy
by Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 7:00 PM

Well, don't let it ruin your Christmas. 

skrbelly
by Bronze Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 10:09 PM
This is crazy. How old is everyone in this scenario? Why does your mom talk to you like that? Good thing you moved.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 13, 2014 at 1:04 AM

My mom is 40

I am 21

My daughter is 3 months 

My mom is 14 weeks along

She got pregnant 7 days after me giving birth

Quoting skrbelly: This is crazy. How old is everyone in this scenario? Why does your mom talk to you like that? Good thing you moved.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)