Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Lazy A** Husband

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 7:40 PM
  • 50 Replies
2 moms liked this
My husband is so lazy and likes living in a dirty house. I clean it everyday and he lets the kids mess it up and no one cleans it up. Im so fed up. I went on a strike. Im not cleaning anymore. You would think they would be tired of hearing my mouth.
by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 7:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
notjstasocermom
by Bronze Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 7:56 PM
Well good luck with that...
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 13, 2014 at 5:23 AM
3 moms liked this
Do we have the same family? Dh actually drops food where he's standing and just leaves it! I get so pissed off, he'll chuck things next to the bin rather in the bin, shave and leave it, change and leave his clothes every where. He even pulls all his clothes out looking for something to wear and leaves them all over the bedroom. We had an argument about it the other night and he actually thinks he doesn't have to clean up after himself because "he worked 24hr shifts" over a month ago. He's been off for a month now and I'm fed up with it
lovemercygrace
by on Dec. 13, 2014 at 5:29 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting notjstasocermom: Well good luck with that...

Yeah pretty much, If he didn't mind living in a dirty house before, what makes you think that going on strike is going to make a difference? It won't. Perhaps you should handle it like an adult and talk to your husband, do you work are you a SAHM? If you work, then you should both do things around the house, if you are a SAHM, imo, the responsibility of the majority of the cleaning falls on you. Should he clean up after himself? Absolutely.

QueenZ3
by Member on Dec. 13, 2014 at 7:45 PM
5 moms liked this
Handle it like an adult? Really? I work full time over 50 hours a week and a full time student. If I did stay at home it would be a whole other ball game but that is the case. Yes I have sat and talked to him many times over the course of a year. So I stand firm in my decision regardless of what you think.

Quoting lovemercygrace:

Yeah pretty much, If he didn't mind living in a dirty house before, what makes you think that going on strike is going to make a difference? It won't. Perhaps you should handle it like an adult and talk to your husband, do you work are you a SAHM? If you work, then you should both do things around the house, if you are a SAHM, imo, the responsibility of the majority of the cleaning falls on you. Should he clean up after himself? Absolutely.

QueenZ3
by Member on Dec. 13, 2014 at 7:46 PM
3 moms liked this
You can keep your smart ass comments to yourself.

lovemercygrace
by on Dec. 13, 2014 at 7:51 PM
Quoting QueenZ3: Handle it like an adult? Really? I work full time over 50 hours a week and a full time student. If I did stay at home it would be a whole other ball game but that is the case. Yes I have sat and talked to him many times over the course of a year. So I stand firm in my decision regardless of what you think.

Quoting lovemercygrace:

Going on strike and refusing to clean is NOT acting like an adult.And lashing out at people, is not acting like an adult either.

notjstasocermom
by Bronze Member on Dec. 13, 2014 at 7:58 PM
Well this shows how smart you are.

Quoting QueenZ3: You can keep your smart ass comments to yourself.

QueenZ3
by Member on Dec. 13, 2014 at 8:05 PM
They are definitely related. And the excuses they come up with is crazy. Im beyond fed up. Let's get our own place...lol! Lazy ass husband free!

Quoting Anonymous 1: Do we have the same family? Dh actually drops food where he's standing and just leaves it! I get so pissed off, he'll chuck things next to the bin rather in the bin, shave and leave it, change and leave his clothes every where. He even pulls all his clothes out looking for something to wear and leaves them all over the bedroom. We had an argument about it the other night and he actually thinks he doesn't have to clean up after himself because "he worked 24hr shifts" over a month ago. He's been off for a month now and I'm fed up with it
QueenZ3
by Member on Dec. 13, 2014 at 8:07 PM
1 mom liked this
Yea shows how much class u have. This is supposed to be a place for woman to talk freely, get support, and encouragement. Also a place where women should be able to vent and connect with other women. So you can stop replying to my post. Thanks. Have a good one.

Quoting notjstasocermom: Well this shows how smart you are.

Quoting QueenZ3: You can keep your smart ass comments to yourself.

QueenZ3
by Member on Dec. 13, 2014 at 8:10 PM
And exactly who am I lashing out on? My refusing to clean and making them appreciate what I did do. And as an adult, I make the choices on how I run MY household.

Quoting lovemercygrace:
Quoting QueenZ3: Handle it like an adult? Really? I work full time over 50 hours a week and a full time student. If I did stay at home it would be a whole other ball game but that is the case. Yes I have sat and talked to him many times over the course of a year. So I stand firm in my decision regardless of what you think.

Quoting lovemercygrace:

Going on strike and refusing to clean is NOT acting like an adult.And lashing out at people, is not acting like an adult either.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)