Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How hard is it to keep your mouth shut. I am FURIOUS!!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies

Poll

Question: Am I wrong to be mad she is spreading my personal business around the family?

Options:

No she should have respected your wishes

Yes she can share what you tell her

Other I'll explain.

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 23

View Results

I have become really ill.  My doctors are considering a pace maker.  And I'll probably be on medications for the rest of my life.  I told my mother, my husband and my best friend and my kids what is going on.   I wanted NO ONE else to know because my personal health is NO ONE ELSES business.  I especially didn't want my mothers family to know what was going on.  Because they are loud mouth and spread everyone's business.  ANd REALLY REALLY REALLY nosy.  

I keep my personal business to myself.  I stay out of the family drama's.  My mother left her facebook messenger up with her communication to my aunt up when she was on my computer at my house.   I see the comment about me and my health.   She not only tells her EVERYTHING.  She even says if you tell the family tell them not to say anything to me.   

I am SOOOOOOOO fucking pissed off.  How DARE she spread MY business.  I can't even speak to her. 

Am I wrong to be mad?  I have asked her to keep my business to herself.  So now I'm not telling her SHIT.  NOTHING.  If she can't do the one thing I asked then she doesn't get to know what is going on.  

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 20, 2014 at 1:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 20, 2014 at 1:31 AM

Bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 20, 2014 at 1:43 AM

Bump 

daenerys
by Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 1:43 AM

If you made it very clear to her that you didn't want anyone else to know, she should have respected your request. Now that you know she didn't, let her know why you aren't going to be sharing information anymore. That's ridiculous.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 20, 2014 at 1:46 AM

I did make it VERY clear.  Her family is crazy and have no boundaries.   And have no problem putting out others information. 

Quoting daenerys:

If you made it very clear to her that you didn't want anyone else to know, she should have respected your request. Now that you know she didn't, let her know why you aren't going to be sharing information anymore. That's ridiculous.

daenerys
by Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 1:52 AM

Now you've learned your lesson. Don't tell mom anything you want kept a secret.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

I did make it VERY clear.  Her family is crazy and have no boundaries.   And have no problem putting out others information. 

Quoting daenerys:

courtAKAmommy
by Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 2:39 AM
You have every right to be upset.
I don't know the details about your family but your mom may have needed to talk to someone about this. Yes it's your health but you are her daughter and that has to be scary for her.
I do agree she should have respected your wishes or at least talk to you first before she brought others into your business.
My MIL loves to spread our business. Not because she cares or needs to talk about things but because she loves pitty!!! We don't tell her things anymore.

I hope things with your health get better. Good luck momma.
godsgirl26
by ♡Charmaine♡ on Dec. 20, 2014 at 3:15 AM

Quoting courtAKAmommy: You have every right to be upset.
I don't know the details about your family but your mom may have needed to talk to someone about this. Yes it's your health but you are her daughter and that has to be scary for her.
I do agree she should have respected your wishes or at least talk to you first before she brought others into your business.
My MIL loves to spread our business. Not because she cares or needs to talk about things but because she loves pitty!!! We don't tell her things anymore.

I hope things with your health get better. Good luck momma.
angl_gurl1
by on Dec. 29, 2014 at 2:46 PM

ur not wrong to be mad, she should have respected ur wishes

Supercooper07
by Bronze Member on Dec. 29, 2014 at 4:34 PM

That was very disrespectful of her.  No more sharing anything with her that you don't want the whole family to know from now on.

cheetah90210
by Silver Member on Dec. 29, 2014 at 4:38 PM
This is why I don't deal with my family some things aren't gossip
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)