Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I ruined Christmas

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 20 Replies
I feel like complete crap, I acted like a stupid teenager. I have been wanting a new ring (my engagement ring is kinda little, but the diamond is beautiful) anyway my SD 18 was just proposed to and her ring is gorgeous, I had to believe it wasn't real (they've been dating about 6 months) DH took her to a jeweler to get it cleaned and find out if it was real or not. I turns out it was, which for some stupid reason stirred this evil emotion inside me. When I got home from work I flipped like a psycho, about stupid stuff dishes not being done just every tiny little thing. And then I opened Pandora's box. I told DH I hated my ring. Now I feel like complete crap, how could I be so ungrateful and selfish, that's not me. DH is so hurt he isn't talking to me, and I don't blame him
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 25, 2014 at 1:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 25, 2014 at 1:57 AM
1 mom liked this
Awww. Say you're sorry and have makeup sex.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 25, 2014 at 2:15 AM
1 mom liked this
):

I hope things get better!

Have you apologized?

I think we all get a twinge of jealousy here and there, but you need to vent a diff way, esp if you want to keep him and not feel this way. ):

I'm sure he would love you get you a new ring. Is there a reason why he's not got you a new one yet?

You better be giving some booty or head ;) lol

I truly hope it works itself out.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 25, 2014 at 7:03 AM
Thanks ladies, I've been apologizing, tried to convince him to come back to the bedroom (for some make up sex or head) with no luck . Now I can't sleep and he's out on the couch. I really hope this can be smoothed over.
I think he never knew I didn't like the ring, and we don't have a lot of money. He sold his gun to get me the ring in the first place. Now we live paycheck to paycheck and when we do have extra we save it to go on vacations and things. Which I love doing. He has been showering me with jewelry lately with bonus checks and I sound ungrateful because while I live them I'd rather save the $100 here or there to get the ring I actually like.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 25, 2014 at 8:14 AM
Wow. Wife and mother of the year! How sad. If you didn't like the ring in the first place why not tell him then? Why are you saying its beautiful and then saying you hate it.

You shouldnt be jealous of your daughter's ring either. Why not be happy for her?!

I don't blame either of them for being upset with you. I honestly can't picture a time where I would ever be that jealous over my child
cheetah90210
by Silver Member on Dec. 25, 2014 at 8:17 AM
Really?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Dec. 25, 2014 at 11:04 AM

Not only did you ruin Christmas but you broke his heart as well as being jealous of your own daughter. 

angl_gurl1
by on Dec. 26, 2014 at 12:16 AM
1 mom liked this

im sorry but i dont feel sorry for u. i feel sorry for ur dh and ur sd bc u were being a total jealous bitch over ur sd being proposed too bc u think her ring is better than urs. grow up and apologize. dont be jelous, be glad u even got a damn ring at all

sugarsmom2
by Member on Dec. 26, 2014 at 8:45 AM
1 mom liked this

oh . dear . i had a smilar thing about my ring five years ago . when we where married for 20 years my diamond fell out of my ring . we filled it with black soder . so i laughed and said the famous black diamond . we said we would have a big party when we where married for 25 but in the jpassage of time the mill shut down and we couldnt afford a party let alone a ring . so the years passed and it soon was our 5oth . i was looking forward to a ring . a nice ring one of those fancy three stones rings . but it did not come . i was heart broken but i waited and stewed for days . had a fight one night . not his fault mine alone . he went out the next day and bought me a ring not the one i wanted and it wasnt to my liking but what he could afford . i told him so . cheap . was not grateful at all . he said nothing just carried on . now its been six years since that i feel badly but he is the same man i married . steady and true . words can not be taken back but time will help you . just tell him you are sorry . if he is as great guy as mine he will not hold it against you and life will go on. so a big  deal forgive yourself . 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Dec. 26, 2014 at 11:14 AM
All you can do is apologize for your naughty behavior and kiss his ass for a long time...
Sydel
by on Dec. 26, 2014 at 11:58 AM
2 moms liked this

We can't control our feelings but we can control our actions and you failed. I feel really bad for your hubby and family. I'm sure they will forgive your actions and you have to forgive yourself as well. Don't let the green eyed monster control you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)