Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my Xmas vent

Posted by on Dec. 25, 2014 at 5:43 AM
  • 4 Replies
We're at my parents for Christmas, it took the kids (my brothers included ) until midnight to fall asleep because we had to lay them all in the living room.
Stupid me not thinking clearly and being exhausted as I'm 8wks pregnant let my mom do "Santa ". She set out all the stockings, gifts etc

Well I woke up with a horrid headache and heard kids talking, I went into the living room my 8yr old had opened his stocking , his brothers and about 4 gifts (2 weren't even his), I know now an adult should of camped with kids in the living room, but j got so angry at him for opening other people's gifts and basically ruining part of Christmas, I know kids will be kids and he did not ruin Christmas but sleep deprived mommy wasn't thinking.

I know I can't take away the holiday or even Punish him for that matter as this was a lapse In judgment, I just hope that 2015 is better for us and his condition because it's starting to wear me down!

For those wondering be bad severe add, and possibly odd and were not sure what else!

Please no bashing I am
Just so tired!
by on Dec. 25, 2014 at 5:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 25, 2014 at 7:53 AM
1 mom liked this

Don't let this frustration ruin the day for you.  Kids get excited & make dumb mistakes - I'm sure he didn't open other people's gifts to be mean-spirited.  Go give him a hug and enjoy the holiday with him & your family.  Merry Christmas & I hope 2015 will be a great year for you both :)

(And lesson learned!  No unattended children next to a pile of Christmad gifts!  Lol!!)

teedaalee
by on Dec. 26, 2014 at 11:48 AM

Aww, I'm sorry that happened momma! Hopefully next year works out as planned!

teedaalee0712

offrdngal
by Bronze Member on Dec. 26, 2014 at 11:58 AM
Just as he was overcome with excitement, you were overcome with exhaustion. Give him and hug and gently explain to him that from now on, he needs read the name tags and only open gifts that have his name on them. Did he apologize to the people whose gifts he opened?
SaskMummy
by Bronze Member on Dec. 26, 2014 at 12:32 PM
He did to my mom, the day was so long lol

Quoting offrdngal: Just as he was overcome with excitement, you were overcome with exhaustion. Give him and hug and gently explain to him that from now on, he needs read the name tags and only open gifts that have his name on them. Did he apologize to the people whose gifts he opened?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)