Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I hate my ss!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 56 Replies
let me start by saying he's five and a half years old, nothing but trouble has ensued he screams and hits and kicks. He is beyond disrespectful he sees a behavioral psychologist a neuropsychologist and nothing seems to be working. They said its ADHD but there has to be more to it than that he is so mean all the time he bullies my other stepson and the kids at his school. He is mean to the dogs. No matter how many times he is asked to do something he will not listen we have tried every means of discipline and nothing is working. And to make matters even more difficult I am 7 weeks pregnant and he knows this and today during his temper tantrum he tripped me causing me to fall. I know he's a child and I should find some way to feel better about him but I can't its to the point that I just can't stand being around him anymore
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 28, 2014 at 10:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lucky2Beeme
by Bronze Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 11:28 AM
3 moms liked this

Did you not spend time with him before deciding to marry his dad ? You are the adult you need to find a way to connect with him. Your not liking him is going to cause lots  more problems once that baby is born. Not sure why you would bring another baby into that mess. I think I would have waited until that child was under control. Is he on meds ? Does he need to be ? Do they need to be changed ? How long has he been seeing these Drs ?Long enough to make changes or is this fairly new ?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 28, 2014 at 11:41 AM
Yes he's on meds...and yes I spent time. I've been in his life since he was two. This behavior has just developed, he is this way with everyone not just me. Its not that you can't connect with him...its the nasty behavior.
ranchmama21
by Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 3:57 PM
1 mom liked this

If his behavior has just developed, need to trace at what point the signs have been noticable. Was there any traumatic events? Where is his mom? etc.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 28, 2014 at 4:52 PM
She's been absent since before I came along...idk I also have bronchitis and the flu so my tolerance level is gone right now

Quoting ranchmama21:

If his behavior has just developed, need to trace at what point the signs have been noticable. Was there any traumatic events? Where is his mom? etc.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 28, 2014 at 5:13 PM

My son has ADHD which causes the same behavior you are talking about when his meds wear off. Mine only takes them for school so when he gets home it's hell! Try getting him on meds to help plus the doctor will adjust it as needed. I'm not taking up for his misbehaving but ADHD kids can't help it; please get him some help!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 28, 2014 at 5:17 PM
We are, he has two psychologist And his pediatrician that he sees regularly. Its just so frustrating... I could pull my hair out

Quoting Anonymous 2:

My son has ADHD which causes the same behavior you are talking about when his meds wear off. Mine only takes them for school so when he gets home it's hell! Try getting him on meds to help plus the doctor will adjust it as needed. I'm not taking up for his misbehaving but ADHD kids can't help it; please get him some help!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 28, 2014 at 5:48 PM

Quoting Anonymous 1: We are, he has two psychologist And his pediatrician that he sees regularly. Its just so frustrating... I could pull my hair out
Quoting Anonymous 2:

I can really relate with you on this

ShowMustGoOn86
by Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 6:18 PM
At 5, his behavior is a direct reflection of the parenting he is exposed to. And you're having another child with a man who can't parent. Did you not spend time with this child before you agreed to have another with his father?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 28, 2014 at 6:49 PM
4 moms liked this
You're right its not the ADHD... It shitty parenting...the fact that his brother is perfect is a fluke...

Quoting ShowMustGoOn86: At 5, his behavior is a direct reflection of the parenting he is exposed to. And you're having another child with a man who can't parent. Did you not spend time with this child before you agreed to have another with his father?
ShowMustGoOn86
by Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 6:51 PM
There's no such thing as perfect. But yes, a 5 year old is the product of his parenting. If he has ADHD, then he requires more attention, but he's obviously not getting the help he needs.

Quoting Anonymous 1: You're right its not the ADHD... It shitty parenting...the fact that his brother is perfect is a fluke...

Quoting ShowMustGoOn86: At 5, his behavior is a direct reflection of the parenting he is exposed to. And you're having another child with a man who can't parent. Did you not spend time with this child before you agreed to have another with his father?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)