Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

39 weeks pregnant & he is drunk every night

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 35 Replies
I'm so tired of worrying I may go into labor while he is passed out drunk. yes it's a problem and I'm sick of it. was anyone else's so wasted while they were in labor? I have decided I won't wake him for the birth and will have the neighbor take me to the birthing center when the time comes.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 28, 2014 at 11:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sunsetbeaches69
by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 11:08 PM

true I would do that to....gl

ShowMustGoOn86
by Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 11:09 PM
4 moms liked this
First, get rid of the drunk, you and your baby don't need that.

Go with the neighbor.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SamanthaSage
by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 11:10 PM
2 moms liked this

This.

Quoting ShowMustGoOn86: First, get rid of the drunk, you and your baby don't need that. Go with the neighbor.

kristawilder
by New Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 11:13 PM
2 moms liked this
This.. You are 39 weeks pregnant and about to give birth, you shouldn't have to worry about a grown man when you are in labor. What's he planning on doing when baby gets here? Continue getting drunk every night? Sorry op best of luck to you.

Quoting ShowMustGoOn86: First, get rid of the drunk, you and your baby don't need that.

Go with the neighbor.
nanny1918
by Silver Member on Dec. 29, 2014 at 10:12 AM
2 moms liked this
I wouldn't waste your time waking him. They won't let him in the delivery room drunk.
I would consider coming up with a game plan for you and your child, it doesn't sound like the relationship is very stable, I'm sorry !
KenneMaw
by Bronze Member on Dec. 29, 2014 at 11:05 AM
1 mom liked this

Do not, under any circumstances, get into a car with his man if he has even had 1 drink.  It sounds like you have a plan to get yourself to the hospital.  If all else fails, call a taxi.    Also, once you are home, I would not allow a drunk person to care for my child.   If you can, find a healthy, more stable place to stay once you leave the hospital or have a family member or friend stay with you.

DixonBabies
by Member on Dec. 29, 2014 at 11:41 AM

He'd be out on his own. Eff that.

skrbelly
by Bronze Member on Dec. 29, 2014 at 11:59 AM
That's a good plan.
angl_gurl1
by on Dec. 29, 2014 at 12:58 PM

go with the neighbor. u need to find a more stable healthy place to stay once u have the baby. u and ur baby dont need to be with a drunk.

happinessforyou
by Bronze Member on Dec. 29, 2014 at 2:27 PM

I'm guessing he has been drinking for a long time. This is no surprise. If you stay with him, just know that he most likely will be drunk and/or passed out for most of your child's life moments.

I would hate to live my life being constantly dissappointed in my DH. Time for a new DH if you're asking.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)