Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Been A While Since I Vented About My Mom

Posted by on Dec. 31, 2014 at 2:42 PM
  • 9 Replies

For those that have read my posts before you already know my mom is schizophrenic bipolar. Was hospitalized in July got out in August and in Sept-Oct was non compliant with her meds. In November her nurse left and she has since been taking her meds.I have come to the conclusion that even with her meds I will never be happy with her behavior. I think I'm a mega bitch who just needs to get over herself or sell my house and move to Alaska to get away from this woman. 

My mom is taking her meds! Yay. She's lucid, wearing pants, and doesn't think her chihuahua is out to get her. She is also very clingy, apologetic, emotional, and annoying. Before she would come to my house every few days (she's across the street) and try to start shit, steal small things, and hide from the government trying to hear her thoughts. Now she comes over 5-6 times  a day and just sits on my couch. Why?? Because she's lonely....

Yep 10 pm she shows up and literally tred to force her way into my locked and chained door because she "loves me" and was scared to be alone. Call me crazy but  her on her meds is not any better than her off them.  Also now that she's lucid she has started calling everyone in her address book. Family in Spain, Mexico, Texas, Arkansas, and Wyoming. She's calling them on my  phone while I'm at work. So I keep getting return calls from people saying don't  let her call here anymore.

Nice fuck you too assholes good to know family sticks together.  I'm sorry her random 10 minute phone call ruined your day. Try living across the street from her and having your neighbors knock on your door to let you know she's laying the street to watch the clouds.

She needs to be in a home. She wouldn't be lonely in a home. She wouldn't be bored or hungry and someone else can make sure she's taking her meds and wearing pants. But no according to the state of Ohio since she's not violent or a threat to herself or others there is NOTHING I can legally do.

I think for 2015 I need to get myself into counseling and on some anxiety meds/anti-depressents. I've just had a really hard year coping with everything. 

by on Dec. 31, 2014 at 2:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Reese2010727
by on Dec. 31, 2014 at 2:46 PM

hugs

tina_a
by Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 9:05 PM
It really sucks that you have to deal with that on your own with no support from other members of your family i really hope that you get some help even if the help is talking to a counselor to keep you sane
skyelyns_mommie
by Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 9:12 PM
Im in ohio to hun. South west.i can't believe they are making you deal with her :( how old is she? Can she get a home health aid
flowerfunleah
by Leah on Jan. 1, 2015 at 6:50 PM

I know your mom doesn't want to be in a home but maybe getting her involved with activities that go on in a home will make her more apt to the idea even when she's lucid. If she's so lonely she needs to get involved with a church or a group or something where THEY will feel obligated to make her less so, not you. 

Sunsetbeaches69
by on Jan. 1, 2015 at 10:14 PM
1 mom liked this

so sorry hugs...

LeilaBeansMom
by Member on Jan. 2, 2015 at 1:42 AM

Quoting Reese2010727:

hugs

Sydel
by on Jan. 2, 2015 at 8:44 AM

I'm in Sandusky, Ohio and since her psychiatrist is backing her and claiming that she's competent and able to care for herself I have been denied guardianship. Since she is not considered a threat to herself or others no legal action can be taken.

In a way it's good to know that someone can't just call you crazy and take away your rights but at the same time it's overwhelming when you are the one dealing with them on a daily basis.

My mom refuses to go to a home, refuses to go to group, and at times refuses to take her meds. The only thing I can do is call her caseworker and  try to get her admitted to the hospital when she's not on her meds.But her treatment is her choice.

She did have a nurse from August to November but because of her spend down the nurse had to leave.

Quoting skyelyns_mommie: Im in ohio to hun. South west.i can't believe they are making you deal with her :( how old is she? Can she get a home health aid

Sydel
by on Jan. 2, 2015 at 8:47 AM

Her caseworker and I have tried signing her up for groups, bingo, trips to the library or a local museum. When we mention it she'll say sure sounds good but then when the bus comes she refuses to leave her house. My aunt was in a nursing home for a while and I took my mom there. While there my aunt walked my mom around and introduced her to several younger residents. She showed her the activity board and multipurpose room. She thought this would encourage my mom but my mom still refuses.

We had to get her medical records on Monday for her disability review. The lady pulled them from 1970 to current. I counted out over 30 stays for her schizophrenia, paranoia, psychosis, and depression. That is insane! How could the state not have stepped in by now is beyond me.

Quoting flowerfunleah:

I know your mom doesn't want to be in a home but maybe getting her involved with activities that go on in a home will make her more apt to the idea even when she's lucid. If she's so lonely she needs to get involved with a church or a group or something where THEY will feel obligated to make her less so, not you. 

flowerfunleah
by Leah on Jan. 2, 2015 at 11:03 AM

It just seems really weird that they haven't stepped in yet despite it ALL and I personally think they haven't stepped in because they know that you're there. The state figures that as long as you're there then why should they sink taxpayer money in putting her in a home? It's because you're taking care of her. If you were to move and leave her by herself there then they would have put her in a home by now.

Quoting Sydel:

Her caseworker and I have tried signing her up for groups, bingo, trips to the library or a local museum. When we mention it she'll say sure sounds good but then when the bus comes she refuses to leave her house. My aunt was in a nursing home for a while and I took my mom there. While there my aunt walked my mom around and introduced her to several younger residents. She showed her the activity board and multipurpose room. She thought this would encourage my mom but my mom still refuses.

We had to get her medical records on Monday for her disability review. The lady pulled them from 1970 to current. I counted out over 30 stays for her schizophrenia, paranoia, psychosis, and depression. That is insane! How could the state not have stepped in by now is beyond me.

Quoting flowerfunleah:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)