Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Can I slap my son's grandparents?

Posted by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 8:12 AM
  • 7 Replies
My son recently got put on Adhd meds. Well his paternal grandparents tell him to throw it away cause he doesn't need it and it will make him a bad boy. Now I let a lot go but this is ridiculous. They say I'm just drugging him up. It's bullshit that they undermine me like this. I wish there was more I could do to keep him away but dcf and court won't help
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 8:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
ctownjessiejo
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 8:35 AM

Just don't let them see him. What do you mean more you could do? Don't let them in your house. That's just crazy and I would be pissed. I don't believe in all that medicine stuff but I would never say that to a child. You are the mother, not them.

hibh89
by Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 8:49 AM
I don't like putting him on meds either but at this point he needs it in his best interest. His dad lives with his parents so there isn't anything I can do
TheRingmaster
by Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 9:00 AM
How old is he? I'm against ADHD meds in kids under 14.
Adderall is a very horrible and abused drug.
It's isually unnecessary.
ADHD can be treated with hard meds.
There is no reason to give a child such a strong med. a med that is so strong that people just take it to get high.
I'm sure you made this choice after a doctor told you it was best however I recommebd a second and third opinion.
Grandparent shouldn't be so rude about it though.
hibh89
by Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 9:08 AM
We are trying a three prong process. He is struggling very bad with it so we are doing a small doses. Trust me I don't want to but had to. And no it was my choice based on education and personal research
kiki719
by Bronze Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 9:19 AM
1 mom liked this
My son was tested 5 times however hes not on adderall or anything like that he's in vyvanse

Quoting TheRingmaster: How old is he? I'm against ADHD meds in kids under 14.
Adderall is a very horrible and abused drug.
It's isually unnecessary.
ADHD can be treated with hard meds.
There is no reason to give a child such a strong med. a med that is so strong that people just take it to get high.
I'm sure you made this choice after a doctor told you it was best however I recommebd a second and third opinion.
Grandparent shouldn't be so rude about it though.
TheRingmaster
by Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 9:21 AM
Never heard of that one. 😃.
I am really just against medicating kids.
However I'm not against others choice to do so.
I just think it's a slippery slope.
hibh89
by Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 9:39 AM
It's a fairly new one. I'm not for medications for kids unless it's needed and trust me my son needs it right now
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)