Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Freaking Seriously?!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies

Now I remember why I quit coming on this site!

While yes, there are many moms who are awesome and offer help, kind words, advice, etc., many of them are very much stuck on their high-horse and have no problem judging other moms!

I had to remove a post because people were criticizing how I discipline my child. I'm sorry if you think the way I go about things means my son isn't disciplined at all.

Some of the moms here (in other groups mostly) are so stuck-up! It makes me want to leave this site again! Ugh!

Rant over!

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 6, 2015 at 3:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CharlotteRose
by Charlotte on Jan. 6, 2015 at 3:45 PM

How do you discipline your son? I must of missed your other post, sorry

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 6, 2015 at 3:48 PM

Not a problem. I use counting to 3 as a warning, followed by 3 spankings at most and being sent to his room until he can calm down. Aparently giving him a chance to correct his behavior was not an appropriate response...who knew?

Quoting CharlotteRose:

whitleypittman
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 3:49 PM
Hey, that's what I do!

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Not a problem. I use counting to 3 as a warning, followed by 3 spankings at most and being sent to his room until he can calm down. Aparently giving him a chance to correct his behavior was not an appropriate response...who knew?

Quoting CharlotteRose:

CharlotteRose
by Charlotte on Jan. 6, 2015 at 3:55 PM

Hmmmm - you know your child better than anyone and there is a huge difference btw a spanking and a beating and it doesn't sound like anything other than trying to get your three year old to behave and I would think giving him a chance to correct his behavior before his punishment is teaching him positive consequences vs severe consequences, I don't know if this makes any sense, but do you kinda know what Im trying to get at? Sorry, its been a very long day here at work....

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Quoting CharlotteRose:

bresmommy21
by Bronze Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 3:55 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Quoting CharlotteRose:

They criticized you for counting to 3 but not spanking. Im shocked. lol I always used the 1,2,3 then time out.

pyper379
by Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 5:55 PM
I think your an excellent mom in the way you correct your child. Maybe if more parents would discipline their children this way, there wouldn't be so me snot nose little brats runnin around
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 6, 2015 at 5:58 PM

Right? I mean, my parents did the same thing and I'm glad they did because it worked on me. Other than my son deciding some days he's not going to listen to mommy, it works well. It always works best when both parents agree on it, which we do.

Quoting pyper379: I think your an excellent mom in the way you correct your child. Maybe if more parents would discipline their children this way, there wouldn't be so me snot nose little brats runnin around

Dardenella
by Bronze Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 6:07 PM

If you ask for opinions they will be varied according to what each individual thinks.

If you want them to answer you with all atta girls  you are living on the wrong planet.

Mom2FourInIndy
by Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 6:12 PM

Agreed! I rarely post on here because there are so many people that are just hateful and mean (there are a lot of great moms, too, but the nasty ones like to kick you when you're down). I posted asking for advice on a medical problem, and one mom posted a nasty comment about not caring what happened to me because my initial visit was with Planned Parenthood and if I was supporting a slaughter house she didn't feel sorry for me. For a lot of us, we post when we genuinely have a question/concern/problem and the rest of the world doesn't get it. 

MySunshine220
by Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 6:13 PM

If its not abuse and it works for you and your child...How could they possibly know all the answers, every kid is different!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)