• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

WWYD

Posted by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 5:46 PM
  • 4 Replies

I started a new job that I love and hate at the same time. When I applied for it I didnt know that there would be so much involved. I cant stand having to ask my coworkers for help all the time because quite a few of them can be very snobbish. There is this one particular young girl that is very pretty. She tosses her hair all day and struts around like she owns the place. I secretly can stand her. She will not speak to me unless I speak to her first. Not only that but she goes behind me and fixes my mistakes without telling me that i had done something wrong. It bothers the heck out of me. I have been thinking about leaving but I want to give it more time. The 2 older workers complain and gossip all day. I really didnt know what I was signing up for. How would you deal with this? I try to ignore it and just do my job but the office is very small and we dont have a designated area or anything so everyone is right up on eachother.

by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 5:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Snakecharm
by Bronze Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 5:48 PM
1 mom liked this
Stick it out a few more months... There's a learning curve to any new job. Make friends, bring a treat in for your coworkers. :)
taylorsmom1987
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 6:41 PM
Try to stick it look for the positive hopefully it will turn around for you
pyper379
by Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 6:50 PM
1 mom liked this
I would talk to the girl who corrects your mistakes. And explain to her that your not going to learn anything if she does your work for you. As for as the gossip and snobby people you're going to find that anywhere you work. Don't let these people scare you off from a good job. Give it a chance and soon you will fit in
illneverbeold
by Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 7:37 PM

I would talk to the lady that is correcting you and take notes to ensure you don't keep making the same mistake. Ask her if it is possible for her to send you an email or tell you when she catches something you've done wrong. As for the rest, just keep plugging away. It sounds like you've just walked into a tight knit office and you need to give it time to find your niche.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)