Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My Friend Was Date Raped

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2015 at 12:55 AM
  • 4 Replies

My best friend was date raped thirty two years ago.  She told her boyfriend about it and he didn't believe her.  They were out with friends and her boyfriend got called away for something.  He asked his best friend to give her a ride home.  No problem. 

Later she told her boyfriend that shortly after he left she started feeling funny, and asked his friend to take her home.  By the time they got to her house she could barely stand.  She doesn't remember exactly what happened but woke up and his friend was in her bed.  She couldn't remember what happened and told her boyfriend all about it.  He didn't believe her then.  He said his 'brother' wouldn't do that.  Well she found out she was pregnant shortly after that.  Her boyfriend just accepted that the child was his, because his 'brother' wouldn't do that to him.

Well now the ex-boyfriend that has always treated her daughter as his asked for a DNA test because he is dying and he didn't want to take the chance of leaving his 'daughter' anything if she wasn't his.

Well it comes to find out that the daughter is his 'brothers'.  Now he is shunning this girl he says he loved all her life.  He is calling my friend a slut and saying she must have asked for it.  It's her fault she 'let' him drug her.  It's her fault she got pregnant.  It's her fault he believed the little girl was his all these years.  She must have wanted it or she wouldn't have stayed at the bar.  They were all there to see a band by the way.  She deserved to get raped and she should have had an abortion instead of having the baby.  He is just being a real prick.  Ugh!  She TOLD him what happened. 

They broke up after the baby was born and he never paid child support.  But he spent time with the little girl and she didn't stop it because she hoped she was his daughter.  It's not her fault he didn't have any more kids. 
I understand his disappointment.  But to treat a young woman that way that always thought you were her dad?  It just sucks!

by on Jan. 14, 2015 at 12:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
TurtleMami
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 12:58 AM
Wow.

Well, I hope he dies.
PinkGlitterBomb
by on Jan. 14, 2015 at 1:09 AM
We're only getting one side of the story from you, so all I'm going to say is, time and the realization of imminent death changes the way people think, and their priorities.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PogoPalOj
by on Jan. 14, 2015 at 1:39 AM

Death is a part of life.  Death and I became friends a long time ago.  My favorite movie quote, "Death smiles at us all, all you can do is smile back."is

As for the one side, he told my friend and her daughter exactly why he wanted the DNA test.  There is only his side.  And if you doubt my friend, then obviously you've never been assaulted. 

My child is not my husbands by blood, but she is his child and nothing can change that.

Quoting PinkGlitterBomb: We're only getting one side of the story from you, so all I'm going to say is, time and the realization of imminent death changes the way people think, and their priorities.

PinkGlitterBomb
by on Jan. 14, 2015 at 1:55 AM
Everyone knows death will occur, but for most people, it's something that's going to happen sometime in the distant future. When they're sharply confronted with it, they can often change how they perceive their lives and situations.

There are ALWAYS 2 sides, especially when you hear something 3rd hand.

I have been assaulted, that's how I got my son. He is my husband's child in every way but through DNA. I never said that what he did was right, if it happened exactly like you said. I just said why it happened. I'm adopted, I'm well aware than biology doesn't mean much in the grand scheme of things.

Quoting PogoPalOj:

Death is a part of life.  Death and I became friends a long time ago.  My favorite movie quote, "Death smiles at us all, all you can do is smile back."is

As for the one side, he told my friend and her daughter exactly why he wanted the DNA test.  There is only his side.  And if you doubt my friend, then obviously you've never been assaulted. 

My child is not my husbands by blood, but she is his child and nothing can change that.

Quoting PinkGlitterBomb: We're only getting one side of the story from you, so all I'm going to say is, time and the realization of imminent death changes the way people think, and their priorities.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)