Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I know this has been done through the nose, but this is the venting booth, and boy do I need to vent. Edited to fix grammatical and spelling errors.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 3 Replies
Ok so back story of us. We have been on FS for about two years (goal is to be off all government assist by the end of 2015 and the plan is being worked and going good). We are a family of four, not getting cash aid just fs, Medicaid and section 8. We pay 50% of the rent and our bills. I work part time (25 paid hours) and go to school online (usually I do my school work during breaks at work. My husband is a part time (25 paid hours) virtual assistant with Zirtual (no openings for full time in our area) and has live online classes at night. So no added expense of child care. Both jobs are a dollar over min wage. I will put backstory in the vent to show why I won't help this female.

Anywho now to my vent. A friend of mine is pissed at me and swears she'll never speak to me again because I am a heartless bitch. Truthfully, I hope she keeps that promise. This woman works where I do. We get to make our own schedule just as long as we are scheduled a minimum of 4 hours each day we work, no less than 15 hours a week, no more than 28. We get to decide our breaks which are not monitored this place is very lax. Probably why she works there. Literally you can slack off as much as you want. You don't work they don't pay. Simple as that. Breaks are unpaid

My schedule is Monday to Friday 5 to 11 with a 30 minute break at 7 and 9:30 (it is pretty draining mentally when you get called every name in the book because the people we are calling aren't getting paid to do surveys or whatever reason they choose to call you this and that (different time zones we aren't calling people at 11 pm their time. The cut off is 9.)So I work and take decent timed breaks. I have an egg timer I set it for 25 that way if I have to pee my break doesn't go over. Some times I come in at 4 three days out of the week and get 28 full hours. If I have to miss a day I work Saturday. Getting off aid means working, saving and planning.

This female is scheduled 4 hours Monday to Friday and might work two of those hours. She shows at 4 and leaves at 8 the most hours her check had on it was 13. Why do I know? She complained to me That they don't pay us enough. She is a certified STNA (state tested nurse assistant) but she won't find that work because some expect 40+ hours weekly. I got this job because they were hiring. She had options but she's had 12 jobs in the past two years since she got her certification.

I am saving to do the same thing in March. Hell starting wage is 10-12 bucks an hour for three weeks training. I can take those classes in the morning before work then take the test.

She is on fs, section 8, Medicaid, cash aid, WIC, and every budget thing to make your bills lower, and has an Obama phone. She has been on this since she was 26 three years after her divorce when she was 23. She is 31 now. Her husband left her for some French chick he met on their vacation the year before (he had a good job and she didn't have to work from what she's said he was 27 when they got married she was 20) They settled the divorce out of court and she got $250,000 and the house which she sold. He moved back to France with the girl leaving her with a 2 year old and a new baby. She obviously blew through her money.

She now has 2 more kids, the youngest is her boyfriend's. He doesn't live with her, she won't move in with him. She'd lose her benefits if he lived with her but he pays cs for the baby and buys everything she asks for. Her and her kids want for nothing with this guy. He's got money. She has a new car, IPhone, alienware computer, chromebook laptop latest fashions, hair nails done, bills paid, kids get all they want.

Anyway three days ago she comes to me. Boyfriend is visiting his mom in Arizona who is recovering from surgery so he's not readily available for mooching from. She got her fs on the 6th. Sold $200 getting $125 and leaving her with $580 in FS. (I have anonymously reported her twice. She brags that some dummy reported her to welfare but she got out of it.) She buys all name brand and damn near gourmet meals.

She's out of fs, damn near out of food (snacks, and junk get bought to. You should use your own money for snacks and junk not fs. A couple snacks is fine but she buys a half a cart full. Plus way too much soda and sugary juice. How her and her kids are so slim is beyond me. We are not whales but we eat healthier to.

She asked me to lend her $100 fs when I go to the store and and she would give me $75 when her bf gets back.I told her flat out no. I don't sell my fs it's illegal. I told her to use her money she complained that she shouldn't have to, that's what fs was for. I told her she shouldn't have sold hers. She then asks me to lend her $100. She will pay me when bf gets back since I won't sell her some stamps. Again I won't.

She gets irate yelling that I'm so selfish, I got a good husband who served the country who probably gets a bunch in disability for his injury (yes a little over $200 is gold bars lol), I don't pay rent, I get fs and always have some left over plus I get paid and he gets paid. I corrected her that I do pay rent and bills. She not only has cash aid for two kids (welfare apparently only pays for the kids you get on with but gives more fs and Medicaid if you have more)but gets cs for her little one, plus her bf buys everything and pays her bills. If she didn't sell her fs and shopped a little smarter she would have some. She tells me I'm selfish and if she doesn't have gas for work because she has to buy food it's my fault. I told her if she actually worked she wouldn't have that problem. I am trying to get my family off assistance, not make it my career. It's called assistance for a reason to help you until you don't need it. Just because you qualify, you shouldn't take it if you don't need it. Which is why we don't get cash aid. She responds by calling me a self righteous, selfish bitch. A worthless so called friend and she'll never speak to me again.

I hope she keeps that promise. I don't think I am selfish. I just won't feed her entitlement. What do you ladies think. Sorry for the length.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 14, 2015 at 11:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 14, 2015 at 12:23 PM
I think you have a stellar plan and more than likely she will always be on welfare.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 14, 2015 at 12:26 PM
Unless she marries money bags. He's a decent guy though. He deserves better.
Hopeless769
by on Jan. 14, 2015 at 12:28 PM
I don't blame you one bit. She should have planned better and actually work.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)