Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Trying to quit!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies

I am trying to quit and I already caved.  Anyone have any great tips.  Cold turkey is not working for me.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 14, 2015 at 12:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
annezeiler
by on Jan. 14, 2015 at 1:07 PM

Patches and an e-cig.  The one and only time I was able to quit successfully, that's how I did it.  Had my ex-DH not dragged me through court again and caused me to have massive panic attacks daily, I probably wouldn't have started again.  I've already bought a vape pen and patches and am quitting AGAIN on Monday.  Hopefully for good this time.

And DO NOT try Chantix.  Worst experience of SO & I's life. 

MamaK1
by Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 1:11 PM
Smoking? I used the gum and lozenges. You have to be away from any temptation (at least for a little while) and remind yourself...I made it a couple hours/a day/ 2 days if I have one now I will have to start all over. Keep doing that. Also remember why you are trying to quit ( for your kids, family, $$$...but mostly for you and your health)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 14, 2015 at 1:13 PM

I am going to try the patches.  Not sure about the ecig.  Maybe I will just buy one at the gas station and try it first.

Quoting annezeiler:

Patches and an e-cig.  The one and only time I was able to quit successfully, that's how I did it.  Had my ex-DH not dragged me through court again and caused me to have massive panic attacks daily, I probably wouldn't have started again.  I've already bought a vape pen and patches and am quitting AGAIN on Monday.  Hopefully for good this time.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 14, 2015 at 1:14 PM

Thank you

Quoting MamaK1: Smoking? I used the gum and lozenges. You have to be away from any temptation (at least for a little while) and remind yourself...I made it a couple hours/a day/ 2 days if I have one now I will have to start all over. Keep doing that. Also remember why you are trying to quit ( for your kids, family, $$$...but mostly for you and your health)

annezeiler
by on Jan. 14, 2015 at 1:18 PM

E-cigs are great.  But having tried the gas station ones as well as vape pens, if you want to go that route, vape pens are hands down the better way to go.  They're way cheaper than the disposable kind and there's a ton of flavors you can get (gummy bear is still my favorite, but I have a ton of different ones). Good luck! 

Quoting Anonymous 1:

I am going to try the patches.  Not sure about the ecig.  Maybe I will just buy one at the gas station and try it first.

Quoting annezeiler:

MamaK1
by Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 1:22 PM
:) if you need someone to talk to when you get frustrated With quiting let me know.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Thank you

Quoting MamaK1: Smoking? I used the gum and lozenges. You have to be away from any temptation (at least for a little while) and remind yourself...I made it a couple hours/a day/ 2 days if I have one now I will have to start all over. Keep doing that. Also remember why you are trying to quit ( for your kids, family, $$$...but mostly for you and your health)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 14, 2015 at 1:25 PM

Thanks so much

Quoting MamaK1: :) if you need someone to talk to when you get frustrated With quiting let me know.
Quoting Anonymous 1:

Thank you

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 14, 2015 at 1:43 PM

I will have to look into this thank you.

Quoting annezeiler:

E-cigs are great.  But having tried the gas station ones as well as vape pens, if you want to go that route, vape pens are hands down the better way to go.  They're way cheaper than the disposable kind and there's a ton of flavors you can get (gummy bear is still my favorite, but I have a ton of different ones). Good luck! 

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Quoting annezeiler:

annezeiler
by on Jan. 14, 2015 at 1:48 PM

We got into the vape pens when we took a two week RV trip across the country with the kids and knew we'd be unable to smoke real cigarettes for hours on end... I was surprised at how much I started to prefer the taste of the vape pens over real smokes.  Yelp "vape stores" in your area; there are tons out there, or you can buy vape pens online for super cheap.  Pinkspot.com makes great flavors and they have great prices on juices, too (they come in different mg of nicotine, too, all the way down to zero, so you can start high and cut back as you go without losing the physical act of smoking... which is a big thing for me.  I've got a massive oral fixation, lol).

I'm actually looking forward to going vape only again.  Just gotta get rid of all of the real smokes at home first.  We can do it!  :)

Quoting Anonymous 1:

I will have to look into this thank you.

Quoting annezeiler:

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Quoting annezeiler:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 16, 2015 at 1:30 PM

Udate:  It is going much better but i am fighting the urge every day.  This is a bit$h!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)