Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Just want to kick in his teeth...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies

I promiced myself I would stay positive, and support my husband after he lost his job back in November.  But every day all I see him do is play world of warcraft on the computer....It is really pissing me off.  Today I asked him if he had done any applications, and all he said was "I'm getting around to it."  Our car is a piece of shit...has no heat, the windows ate taped shut and something is wrong with the allignment.  I am only working part time...and only making 7.25 an hour...I get mayby 600.00 a month.  I am also looking for a second part time job...but not having a lot of luck...

How do I stay positive and support his ass when all I want to do is kick him in thr teeth...

I just about lost it a while ago when he brought in a smll plate of fried potatoes...I at first thought wow, that was nice of him...

Then he came back a half hour later and got upset I had eatten them...WTF???

OK Im done ranting...for now

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 14, 2015 at 10:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
proudmother5946
by Bronze Member on Jan. 15, 2015 at 2:12 PM
I know that feeling. Is this the first time he's been unemployed? Or is this typical if his employment history?
When I got laid off after 8 years all I did was watch TV. I did do some job hunting though and worked some for my Dad.I think I was a little shocked and depressed.
However my ex was always getting laid off. He'd sleep all day, stay up all night. Sit in the recliner with his beer and cigarettes. Or be on the computer looking at properties in Montana.
Meanwhile I was working,taking care of our daughter etc.
Then I find out he was telling all our friends that I was contributing enough!
Can you find a fulltime job?
You could put all the bills together and say "here's the bills, this is how much money there is,you figure out how to pay them.
Oh and ex is unemployed again, they kicked him off unemployment till February and he's 2 months behind on child support. But hey, he's got his beer and cigarettes!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 15, 2015 at 3:26 PM

Yeah, this is his first time in a long time being unemployed...We are having to fight for his unemployment and all the stress is taking its toll on all of us.  He has a problem with depression as well and so I understand the not wanting to do anything....but as I told him a while ago, the world doesnt stop just because things dont work out the way we want them too.

He says he understands my feelings, but he has an excuses for everything...like the car being a piece of junk, or he doesnt want anything to interfear with church activities..(We both teach Sunday School and Kids Bible Study on Wednesday nights)

I told him then he has to start figuring out how to afford the bills...and the first thing we will sacrifice is his world of warcraft account...He isnt happy with me right now..lol

Quoting proudmother5946: I know that feeling. Is this the first time he's been unemployed? Or is this typical if his employment history? When I got laid off after 8 years all I did was watch TV. I did do some job hunting though and worked some for my Dad.I think I was a little shocked and depressed. However my ex was always getting laid off. He'd sleep all day, stay up all night. Sit in the recliner with his beer and cigarettes. Or be on the computer looking at properties in Montana. Meanwhile I was working,taking care of our daughter etc. Then I find out he was telling all our friends that I was contributing enough! Can you find a fulltime job? You could put all the bills together and say "here's the bills, this is how much money there is,you figure out how to pay them. Oh and ex is unemployed again, they kicked him off unemployment till February and he's 2 months behind on child support. But hey, he's got his beer and cigarettes!

proudmother5946
by Bronze Member on Jan. 15, 2015 at 5:38 PM
Stay firm with him. World of Warcraft isn't going to put food on the table or keep the electricity on.
My ex can't keep a job because he has a bad attitude. He's a hard worker but people don't like him. He'll wait until his unemployment is about to run out and then hustle to find work. He's been unemployed so many times I've lost count. Then if he hates the job that the temp service finds him he hopes to get laid off to collect unemployment! He was actually collecting unemployment for over two years when he decided to kick me and our daughter out.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 15, 2015 at 7:49 PM

Shut off the internet.

KeepOnTryin
by Member on Jan. 15, 2015 at 8:04 PM
No, then she couldn't come to Cafe Mom! :D

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Shut off the internet.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 15, 2015 at 8:08 PM

True but it would be worth it for a bit, Cafemom will always be here.  I would shut off the cable and internet.  He can either stare at the wall all day or go look for a job.

Quoting KeepOnTryin: No, then she couldn't come to Cafe Mom! :D
Quoting Anonymous 2:

Shut off the internet.

kellly
by Member on Jan. 15, 2015 at 8:10 PM

This bc you "can't afford it" anymore.  Maybe he will get the hint.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Shut off the internet.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 16, 2015 at 11:32 AM

We are living with friends because we got evicted from our last place...I dont pay for the internet...so that is why we have it...otherwise there is no way I'd be paying for it

We pay them 250 a month + half of electric gas and water...

and we buy our own groceries

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Shut off the internet.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 16, 2015 at 11:34 AM

LoL if I didn't have internet I'd be going to the library for free wifi:)  Need my cafemom

Quoting KeepOnTryin: No, then she couldn't come to Cafe Mom! :D
Quoting Anonymous 2:

Shut off the internet.

angl_gurl1
by on Jan. 17, 2015 at 12:32 PM

if he can sit around and play that stupid game all the time then he has time to look for work and fill out applications

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)