Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Well that's news to me!!

Posted by on Jan. 20, 2015 at 1:50 AM
  • 4 Replies

Mobile Photo

I came across this on Facebook earlier and I read it aloud because I found it funny, and also because it is not how my relationship with SO is AT ALL. His mom, who was here also laughed at it but his response was, "And that is exactly why we will never get married."
Umm...that's news to me!
It's not like I got serious in this relationship when our minds were on two different levels, we actually HAVE talked about getting married. Even before we moved in together last June. We discussed themes and all kinds of stuff!
I'm not saying I NEED that "piece of paper" to make me feel secure because our relationship is strong and I love him and he loves me. I just thought that it would happen eventually so I was more than a little hurt when he blurted that out today. :-\
by on Jan. 20, 2015 at 1:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
CookiMakinMomma
by Member on Jan. 20, 2015 at 2:33 AM
Bump?
WickedOpal
by Bronze Member on Jan. 20, 2015 at 2:36 AM
Ouch. Sorry.
MadisonsMama22
by Member on Jan. 21, 2015 at 3:05 PM
1 mom liked this

I am really sorry that he said that and that it hurt you. BTW - I also think the saying is funny...as it's supposed to be. :) I think though that if I were you I would talk to him later and let him know how you're feeling. I hope things work out for you because it sounds like you are happy in your relationship! :)

polkastria
by on Jan. 22, 2015 at 5:04 PM
1 mom liked this

Could he have been joking? My husband says things like that that sound like he's serious but he's just kidding around.

Sounds like you need to talk to him and find out if he meant that or was just playing around.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)