• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i can't stand her!

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2015 at 1:17 AM
  • 51 Replies
I have the the worse mother in law ever! So here's what happened... drama, drama, drama. Never mind, if any one has a terrible MIL story, it would help me see maybe mine isn't so bad.
by on Jan. 31, 2015 at 1:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tossed
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 1:44 AM
2 moms liked this

I always knew to not say "no" to my now ex mil.  I was recovering from a serious accident and 2 surgeries with a 3 planned the week things happened.  I fell down a flight of stairs and broke my right wrist in multiple places, my arm, and my left foot.  I injured my left knee and shoulder.  My right wrist was in a cast as was my left foot. Both had been operated on. My knee cap was cracked and needed surgery.  I had to be in bed for 3-4 months due to the severity of the knee-foot injury.  I had finally been able to get a motorized wheel chair.  My older son was in school and my younger was with my mom. I was taking a nap.  It was very, very difficult to get up.  The door bell rang. Since I was home along, I was in no hurry to answer. The person pounded on the door bell. I finally managed to get up and get to a window to see my in laws driving away.  They lived several hundred miles away and did not say they were coming. This was before cell phones were popular. 

They drove to a pay phone and called. The comment was, "Get your butt up and let us in."  Wonderful.  My mil was very picky about how things are organized. We had just moved into a house we purchased and I was obviously not in a position to get things in order.  I repeatedly told my ex that I would load the dishwasher, but could not unload it since I could not reach the cabinets. I grumbled to that effect when she commented on the kitchen. I said that if he would do as I asked, there would not be any dirty dishes.  She then wanted to do laundry, but did not understand our machine. Once again,  I said, "Dang it, I keep asking him to not pile things in front of the washer. I can't get to it when he does this."  He had placed some boxes in front of the washer. She was very upset that I was unhappy with her poor baby. 

She decided to throw an impromptu party at a local Mexican place at the mall. She spent a couple of hours calling and telling people when to be there. I told her my son and dh would go, but that I could not.  I was scheduled for surgery on my knee and do not handle anesthesia well and have to basically go on jello and soup the days leading up to surgery.  Besides, the last time I had food from there, I got really sick and just would not risk it AND we did not have a lift for my motorized wheel chair and I would not be able to get into the mall.  She told me I WOULD attend and could just sit and drink tea. She said I could hobble to the restrauant. Ummmm, no, that could not happen.

The evening before my knee surgery, she picked my now ex up from work, took him out to dinner and told him that he was under too much stress and that I was just not very grateful and needed to be "taught a lesson." She told him that if he would disappear for 2 weeks and leave me with 2 kids, no way to go any place or do anything, I would realize that I could not live without him and he could set the rules and I would have to follow them. He called at midnight before I was supposed to leave for the hospital at 5 am and said, "I am not coming home and you don't know where I am." Click. 

My mom had brought my younger son home and was planning on caring for the boys while I had surgery and for a few days after.  We managed to get me to the car and I drove the 30 miles to the hospital.  They had a spot by the entry and I was able to sort of skip on the one leg until I got attention and a wheel chair. I was in tears leading up to surgery. My dr was pissed, but went ahead and did the surgery. I  had trouble breathing after the surgery, but there was no family present to talk to.  My mom came and got me and we left my car at the hospital and we had someone drive it home the next week.

My surgery was on a Thursday.  I called a lawyer on Friday and met with him on Monday.  Since I did not have a regular wheel chair, we used a rolling desk chair to get me around.  At this point, my knee was also in a cast.  The lawyer felt so bad that he took the case for the cost of filing fees alone.

My ex mil moved my now ex into his dad's house. His dad was older, diabetic, epileptic. This was HER EX husband and the house was the one he shared with his his 2nd wife who had died a few years earlier. My mil helped my ex have his dad put in a nursing home. Now, 17 years later, my ex and his mother live in that house. 

I knew to never make her mad. 

virtuous_wife31
by Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 1:58 AM
Man that's terrible. It's awful that she basically ruined your marriage but at that point you probably needed compassion and companionship more then ever.

See this is what I try to tell myself. She is a miserable she is a miserable person... That's her lot in life I guess. I don't have to let that effect me so deeply though. Easier said then done though.

Sounds like your ex got exactly what he deserves if he is still living with her.
SilverSally
by Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 4:53 AM

My MIL.... 

She stayed at our home one night when my hubby was on a work trip and I was staying with my family for the night, slept in our bed and did a load of laundry... except there had only been a handful of things in the washing machine and my undies were in it... I would have thought that she was trying to be helpful but she's a bit of a cow... I honestly believe it was designed to make me uncomfortable. 

Our home was spotless but the weeds in the backyard were only half pulled out (it took me a full day to do what I had done) and for the next 3 months all I heard about was the weeds... 

She drops by without even telling DH that she's coming. 

She also was coming over before our wedding to bring my SIL with her so I could see SIL in her bridesmaid dress, then came without SIL altogether. I had arranged for my sister to be there also as she was the other bridesmaid. 

She tried to tell me how to parent my DD before she was even born (ie telling me I MUST bf, that we had to name our baby something with only 4 letters etc) - I shut it all down or ignored her. 

She whistled when my DH (yes, her own son) took his shirt off outside while in the lounge room talking awkwardly with me. 

When we found out about DD (she was an accident, but not a mistake :) ) and decided to get married (we had always been going to do it, but DH had a timeline, engaged in this last December, married in this coming one, kids a couple years after that) - - she sent him an email telling him that he shouldn't marry me til next year or the year after and she felt like he was being forced into it. I lost my shit over that one. I'd actually needed him to drive me a fifteen minute drive to pick up my car but I was so angry I slammed out of the house (he showed me the email) and walked the whole way. When I got there I rang him and told him where I was and that he wasn't being forced into anything and if she was going to be allowed to dictate our relationship, it was over as of now. 

She's always seen me as a gold digger, hanging relentlessly off her son, and treats me accordingly. He has often said that I work more than he does, I just don't get paid (family business). 

DH and I both said no noisy toys, I bought my DD a Fisher Price Xylophone and a Lamaze Musical Garden. She said quite accusingly - you said no noisy toys!!! 

She was surprisingly delighted about DD, which was a pleasant surprise to me considering how she feels about me in particular. However when she started buying everything under the sun without saying anything in advance, asking what we needed, or asking what we already had, I was less than impressed. It was nice that she was excited, but she'd bought a ton of stuff. I actually felt like my enjoyment was spoiled, because to me part of the excitement of finding out you're pregnant with your first child is getting to get stuff for your beloved baby. It doesn't matter what the price tag is - 50c at an op shop or $5000 at a baby shop, it's part of the excitement. 

She's made comments about my family that make it clear she looks down on them, repeatedly. 

She is still pretending to DH that she hasn't got a problem with me. *rolls eyes* I'm well aware how she feels about me. I don't like games, lies or bullshit. 

FIL (I know it's a MIL post) has done 2 things that I have been angry and upset about. 

1) he posted pics of our wedding on FB before we did (without asking). 

2) He took my car to fix something on it, and it came back to me with damage at the front, and spray paint on top. He claimed he only used the spray paint to fix scratches on my car that were already there, which I believed until I had a closer look. None of the existing scratches were touched. I know every scratch on my car (seriously, not BSing). DH doesn't want to know. He wants to believe the damage was accidental, such as someone else bumping my car in the supermarket carpark (the apparant likely scenario given by FIL) and that FIL just assumed it was already there in his scratch cover up quest. Except, as I said, none of the other scratches (not ONE) were touched. 

PogoPalOj
by on Jan. 31, 2015 at 7:03 AM
2 moms liked this

My mil told my ten year old daughter to her face, "It doesn't matter what Romey tells you, he doesn't and won't ever really love you because you aren't his blood."

Of course she did this while he was over the road and when he came home she wouldn't come over.  We went to church and drug her out physically and told everyone else to come.  He told her in no uncertain terms that Heather was his child and if she couldn't accept that fact then she didn't need to be part of our family.  He used a lot of cuss words. 

Oh and she wouldn't even acknowledge my existence for the first year of our marriage.  She would come over and look right through me.  I always made her welcome.  I was going to be a southern lady no matter what she did.

PogoPalOj
by on Jan. 31, 2015 at 7:11 AM
1 mom liked this

What a bitch and what a mamma's boy!  Damn, does she wipe his ass too?

Quoting tossed:

I always knew to not say "no" to my now ex mil.  I was recovering from a serious accident and 2 surgeries with a 3 planned the week things happened.  I fell down a flight of stairs and broke my right wrist in multiple places, my arm, and my left foot.  I injured my left knee and shoulder.  My write wrist was in a cast as was my left foot. Both had been operated on. My knee cap was cracked and needed surgery.  I had to be in bed for 3-4 months due to the severity of the knee-foot injury.  I had finally been able to get a motorized wheel chair.  My older son was in school and my younger was with my mom. I was taking a nap.  It was very, very difficult to get up.  The door bell rang. Since I was home along, I was in no hurry to answer. The person pounded on the door bell. I finally managed to get up and get to a window to see my in laws driving away.  They lived several hundred miles away and did not say they were coming. This was before cell phones were popular. 

They drove to a pay phone and called. The comment was, "Get your butt up and let us in."  Wonderful.  My mil was very picky about how things are organized. We had just moved into a house we purchased and I was obviously not in a position to get things in order.  I repeatedly told my ex that I would load the dishwasher, but could not unload it since I could not reach the cabinets. I grumbled to that effect when she commented on the kitchen. I said that if he would do as I asked, there would not be any dirty dishes.  She then wanted to do laundry, but did not understand our machine. Once again,  I said, "Dang it, I keep asking him to not pile things in front of the washer. I can't get to it when he does this."  He had placed some boxes in front of the washer. She was very upset that I was unhappy with her poor baby. 

She decided to throw an impromptu party at a local Mexican place at the mall. She spent a couple of hours calling and telling people when to be there. I told her my son and dh would go, but that I could not.  I was scheduled for surgery on my knee and do not handle anesthesia well and have to basically go on jello and soup the days leading up to surgery.  Besides, the last time I had food from there, I got really sick and just would not risk it AND we did not have a lift for my motorized wheel chair and I would not be able to get into the mall.  She told me I WOULD attend and could just sit and drink tea. She said I could hobble to the restrauant. Ummmm, no, that could not happen.

The evening before my knee surgery, she picked my now ex up from work, took him out to dinner and told him that he was under too much stress and that I was just not very grateful and needed to be "taught a lesson." She told him that if he would disappear for 2 weeks and leave me with 2 kids, no way to go any place or do anything, I would realize that I could not live without him and he could set the rules and I would have to follow them. He called at midnight before I was supposed to leave for the hospital at 5 am and said, "I am not coming home and you don't know where I am." Click. 

My mom had brought my younger son home and was planning on caring for the boys while I had surgery and for a few days after.  We managed to get me to the car and I drove the 30 miles to the hospital.  They had a spot by the entry and I was able to sort of skip on the one leg until I got attention and a wheel chair. I was in tears leading up to surgery. My dr was pissed, but went ahead and did the surgery. I  had trouble breathing after the surgery, but there was no family present to talk to.  My mom came and got me and we left my car at the hospital and we had someone drive it home the next week.

My surgery was on a Thursday.  I called a lawyer on Friday and met with him on Monday.  Since I did not have a regular wheel chair, we used a rolling desk chair to get me around.  At this point, my knee was also in a cast.  The lawyer felt so bad that he took the case for the cost of filing fees alone.

My ex mil moved my now ex into his dad's house. His dad was older, diabetic, epileptic. This was HER EX husband and the house was the one he shared with his his 2nd wife who had died a few years earlier. My mil helped my ex have his dad put in a nursing home. Now, 17 years later, my ex and his mother live in that house. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 31, 2015 at 7:23 AM
Bump
skrbelly
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 10:41 AM
1 mom liked this
I could write a book, but my ex mil is dead, so I just piss on that bitch's grave instead
Tigress22304
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 10:55 AM

You are 1 very LUCKY lady

Quoting skrbelly: I could write a book, but my ex mil is dead, so I just piss on that bitch's grave instead

m-a-r-y
by New Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 11:19 AM
What a b****. Good for you for getting rid of that sissy mamas boy. Anyone that leaves their wife in that kind of situation should go to jail and his mother can b his cell mate.

Quoting tossed:

I always knew to not say "no" to my now ex mil.  I was recovering from a serious accident and 2 surgeries with a 3 planned the week things happened.  I fell down a flight of stairs and broke my right wrist in multiple places, my arm, and my left foot.  I injured my left knee and shoulder.  My write wrist was in a cast as was my left foot. Both had been operated on. My knee cap was cracked and needed surgery.  I had to be in bed for 3-4 months due to the severity of the knee-foot injury.  I had finally been able to get a motorized wheel chair.  My older son was in school and my younger was with my mom. I was taking a nap.  It was very, very difficult to get up.  The door bell rang. Since I was home along, I was in no hurry to answer. The person pounded on the door bell. I finally managed to get up and get to a window to see my in laws driving away.  They lived several hundred miles away and did not say they were coming. This was before cell phones were popular. 

quinnsmom715
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 12:51 PM
1 mom liked this

bump cause i wanna read these..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)