Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I Tell You; You Can Tell Me...

Posted by on Feb. 18, 2015 at 9:27 AM
  • 3 Replies

This isn't really a big thing.  Just one of those things that men tend to over look.  I often tell my husband 'thank you' for taking such good care of me.  For providing for me and making sure I have all that I need and most of what I want, without asking too much. 

The other day I cleaned house as usual.  No big deal, but when I walked into the bathroom I saw my husband cleaning up his 'sprinkle'.  "Well, thank you."  I said.  "I wondered if you ever notice that I clean the house.  You never say anything.  I'm not asking you to fall to your knees and act like I saved the world or anything.  But a simple 'thank you' wouldn't hurt once in awhile.  Just as an acknowledgement."

He flushed the toilet and washed his hands and looked at me, "But, I thought you knew.  I tell you I love you all the time.  I thought you accepted that as a thank you for all that you do.  But if it makes you happy, thank you. "

Men can be so dense sometimes.

eye rolling

by on Feb. 18, 2015 at 9:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
happyolechimp
by Bronze Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 10:21 AM
I use a chalk board to write down detailed "instructions"..for him...:-)
PinkButterfly66
by Silver Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 10:26 AM

Nah, I don't care about that.  But he gets up before me in the mornings during the week by a half hour and he feeds the animals so all I have to do is stumble into the kitchen and get my coffee.  I am extremely grateful about that.  It's the little things that he does that I appreciate.

Frances0923
by Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 11:32 AM

Lol we both work and we both have certain things automatically like I clean the living room, bedrooms and kitchen and he scrubs the tub (cause he does it way faster and he doesn't like me smelling the disinfectors) and he takes out the trash and washes both cars. I don't recall if we ever say thank you, its just the way it is. DS is 9 and he does is own room 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)