Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Fed up...done..asking for a divorce!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 2 Replies

I have been married for a little over 11 years, we have 2 children together, and our marriage has been very rocky for a while now.  We have tried counseling, well, it has been mostly a one way street on me doing the counseling.  We have fought non-stop lately, the past two nights we have went to bed not on speaking terms, last night was a huge fight, not even going to get into all of the details, but I can't do it anymore, I can't live with his rude, egotistical mannerism anymore.  He says he can be civil, but I don't think he can, how can he be civil divorced if he can't even be civil when we are married.  I don't know how to tell him that I want a divorce, can anyone help me!?!?  I need to advocate for my kids as well and make sure that this affects them as little as possible.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 18, 2015 at 4:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Lindalou907
by Silver Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 5:02 PM

Consult with an attorney, often you can get free phone consults, write down your questions ahead of time, make copies of all your financial records, look at your states website regarding child support, if you want custody better start documenting anything uncivil he says or does with the children, if you think he'll get violent you can have him served somewhere else and arrange to move out ahead of time. Otherwise, I would tell him in a public place where hopefully he won't make a scene. Just be smart about the whole thing, how old are your kids?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 19, 2015 at 10:12 AM

My kids are 8 and 10.  I'm just sick of being a rug to walk all over.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)