Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

People charge so much on Craigslist!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 19 Replies
I was looking for a pack n play and a travel system on Craigslist and I can't believe what most people charge. R they out of their F##ing minds? $50 for a pack n play that doesn't even double as a bassinet, just a basic one? I can buy the same thing new at Walmart for $70. My opinion, if it is used it should b at least 50% off the retail price. Charging well over $100 for a Graco travel system with NO information such as manufacture date or expiration date? R these people on Craigslist looking for Cocain money or what? when I am done with my baby stuff I will donate it to a battered women's shelter or needy friend.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 18, 2015 at 6:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 18, 2015 at 6:20 PM
Should just drive around and find garage sales
lucky2Beeme
by Bronze Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 6:20 PM

Try your towns online yardsale site through Facebook. I see women in my area selling baby stuff super cheap.

nmkj
by Bronze Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 6:25 PM
Maybe someone will pay it or maybe no one will. If their stuff stays there for a long time that should give them the hint to drop it down.
flowerfunleah
by Leah on Feb. 18, 2015 at 6:47 PM

I agree that used stuff should automatically be 50% the original price. I LOVE when people upcharge for their used items and then say the price is FIRM lol like that's going to make a difference.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 18, 2015 at 7:24 PM
Will try that, thanks. I heard people talk bout sites like fingerhut

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

Try your towns online yardsale site through Facebook. I see women in my area selling baby stuff super cheap.

brysonsmommy_10
by on Feb. 18, 2015 at 7:27 PM
1 mom liked this
Look for consignment sales in your area. If you can find an annual one, they usually have a 50% off day. I just got all of my kids spring/summer clothes, shoes, toys and more for like $94.
DawnPratt23
by on Feb. 18, 2015 at 7:29 PM
Then buy new and move on.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
reynab27
by Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 8:34 PM
I was going to buy maternity clothes from craigslist but people wanted 120-200 I went to Ross bought some outfits for $69 brand new
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 18, 2015 at 9:10 PM

From what I've heard, people increase their prices around income tax time to get more money from people.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 18, 2015 at 9:18 PM

The problem is that many people didn't buy them at Walmart.  Some bought designer brands and paid $300 for the same thing you can get for $70 at walmart.  Often, they are more than 50% off their high end price, but it's still more reasonable to buy new.  

Other people expect to get what they paid.  I still haven't figured out that one!  One lady was selling Formula that she said she got from Wic and she wanted only $2 off per can.  She paid nothing for it.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)