Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

did I do the right thing?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 29 Replies
Saturday my in laws dh and dd myself and ds went bowling. Dd who is two had fun well she only bowled 5 frames on the first game and didn't want to bowl any more.

Well I decided to allow dd to play in the arcade at the bowling alley. I had ought her a card with credits on it.

Well my mother in law was walking around with me hold ds 4 months.

All of a sudden these two girls couldn't more then 8 or 9 came up to me and asked if i can swipe dds card in one of the games. I was very nice and told them it was not mine it was my dds card.

Both my mother in law and I felt stocked by these two girls the whole time. It was kinda creep after dh and father in law was bowling we left.

I did not want to swipe dds card cause knowing that there parents said no. I was respecting there wishes.

But my two year old has 100 tickets plus more on card and we are saving them till she gets alot so we can great her a great toy.

Did I do the right thing or the wrong?
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 23, 2015 at 8:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JoyNLove
by Member on Feb. 23, 2015 at 10:00 AM
2 moms liked this
This is not in English
LeJane
by Member on Feb. 23, 2015 at 10:29 AM

Yes, you did the right thing.

You have a passionate heart which is great however you need to have faith, strength and confidence in protecting yourself.    Analize yourself.   Do you try to hard to make others happy ?   You don't owe anyone else anything.  It was rude for these girls to ask for your credits to begin with.  It would have been a different case if you had offered.  

What matters is that you don't let anyone take advatage of you or your family.     Get logical and quit worry about pleasing everyone else.     Put  effort into making yourself happy for once.    Schedule a massage, get a mani/pedi, take a weekend vacation- live life to the fullest.   

It is OK to have passion and care for others but not to the point where you feel guilty about it when you did not have a responsibility.  

Hugs !

Rebecca7708
by Member on Feb. 23, 2015 at 10:32 AM
So basically these two kids that you did not know wanted you to pay for their games?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 23, 2015 at 10:55 AM
Yups. I wasn't going to give them the card. And swipe it. There was only $11.00 on the card. And my mother in law was having fun taking pics of dd playing the games.

Quoting Rebecca7708: So basically these two kids that you did not know wanted you to pay for their games?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 23, 2015 at 10:59 AM
Their. This was hard to read.
Rebecca7708
by Member on Feb. 23, 2015 at 11:00 AM
1 mom liked this
Then yes, you did the right thing. My kids would be in so much trouble if they were asking strangers for money.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Yups. I wasn't going to give them the card. And swipe it. There was only $11.00 on the card. And my mother in law was having fun taking pics of dd playing the games.

Quoting Rebecca7708: So basically these two kids that you did not know wanted you to pay for their games?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 23, 2015 at 11:05 AM
Mine would be to. It would be a different story if I offered but I didn't. My mother in law was shocked that they did.

Quoting Rebecca7708: Then yes, you did the right thing. My kids would be in so much trouble if they were asking strangers for money.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Yups. I wasn't going to give them the card. And swipe it. There was only $11.00 on the card. And my mother in law was having fun taking pics of dd playing the games.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 23, 2015 at 11:11 AM
I am a very caring person when it comes down to kids and other adults. I hated to say no. But it was the right thing for me to do but the girls said oh okay.

Quoting LeJane:

Yes, you did the right thing.

You have a passionate heart which is great however you need to have faith, strength and confidence in protecting yourself.    Analize yourself.   Do you try to hard to make others happy ?   You don't owe anyone else anything.  It was rude for these girls to ask for your credits to begin with.  It would have been a different case if you had offered.  

What matters is that you don't let anyone take advatage of you or your family.     Get logical and quit worry about pleasing everyone else.     Put  effort into making yourself happy for once.    Schedule a massage, get a mani/pedi, take a weekend vacation- live life to the fullest.   

It is OK to have passion and care for others but not to the point where you feel guilty about it when you did not have a responsibility.  

Hugs !

kitcal78
by Bronze Member on Feb. 23, 2015 at 11:13 AM

Yes you totally did the right thing. This new breed of kids is taking "entitlement" way too far.  Hello have they ever heard of stranger danger.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 23, 2015 at 11:24 AM
I know right. What if I just kidnapped them and they regretted coming near me. I don't even think the parents even taught them stranger danger it seems like.

Quoting kitcal78:

Yes you totally did the right thing. This new breed of kids is taking "entitlement" way too far.  Hello have they ever heard of stranger danger.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)