Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms going to College

Posted by on Feb. 23, 2015 at 5:19 PM
  • 6 Replies
I am returning to school as a first time college student.. Please share with me any information I should know about grants or scholarships.. I am going to become a Mortician/Funeral Director..
by on Feb. 23, 2015 at 5:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
wilky5
by on Feb. 23, 2015 at 5:40 PM
You need to do the FAFSA now for this fall. Your school should have links to it on their website.
MsBraeSisk
by Member on Feb. 23, 2015 at 9:45 PM
Yes, I have done the Fafsa and submitted an application to admissions already..

Quoting wilky5: You need to do the FAFSA now for this fall. Your school should have links to it on their website.
AngelLovingLife
by Member on Feb. 23, 2015 at 9:47 PM
FAFSA. Talk to your adviser. Have a plan for studying.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 23, 2015 at 9:50 PM
That's good, every school has their own process for scholarships, it should be on the school website, scholarships are separate from financial aid and it is a different application. The finical aid office should give you the information you need for that.

Quoting MsBraeSisk: Yes, I have done the Fafsa and submitted an application to admissions already..

Quoting wilky5: You need to do the FAFSA now for this fall. Your school should have links to it on their website.
vishous.girl
by Member on Feb. 23, 2015 at 11:24 PM
1 mom liked this
You could Google scholarships specific to your field. Sometimes the workforce in your area may have a list of scholarships.
uatw14
by Member on Feb. 24, 2015 at 2:25 PM

Make a schedule. A monthly, weekly, and daily schedule. I've been in college 7 weeks now. Between my dd, work, and school I feel like I'm drowning. The only think keeping my head above water is the schedules I make all the time. 

As for scholarships, check out the women's center if you school has one. Not sure if you're a single or married parent, but they usually have scholarships that are only offered through the specific school for parents. 

Also, check out your schools website. They will have information about private scholarships you can apply for that you won't see for your FAFSA.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)