Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you let your 16 or 17 yr old daughter go on vacation with her bf?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 81 Replies

Spring break is coming up and my 16 yr old dd and her bf want to go to an indoor waterpark and spend two nights in a hotel.  They would be going with the bf's mom and her bf and each couple would have their own rooms. Have you let your teens go away overnight with their bf's or gf's?

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 27, 2015 at 6:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
vanillalattemom
by on Feb. 27, 2015 at 6:45 PM
NO! My son's gf came with us one year.....but they slept in separate rooms and I kept my eye on them. And we are friends with her parents. Definitely would not allow them to have their own room together.
nicetry11
by Member on Feb. 27, 2015 at 6:46 PM
Nope. Maybe if she had her own room and I also came.
jcm28
by on Feb. 27, 2015 at 6:47 PM
Oh hell no
jcm28
by on Feb. 27, 2015 at 6:48 PM
Kids can sneak in other rooms while parents are asleep.

Quoting vanillalattemom: NO! My son's gf came with us one year.....but they slept in separate rooms and I kept my eye on them. And we are friends with her parents. Definitely would not allow them to have their own room together.
JadedSpirit
by on Feb. 27, 2015 at 6:49 PM
No freaking way.
vanillalattemom
by on Feb. 27, 2015 at 6:50 PM
My son's gf slept in the room with the girls. And my son was in a room full of boys. There was no sneaking into rooms. No privacy.

Quoting jcm28: Kids can sneak in other rooms while parents are asleep.

Quoting vanillalattemom: NO! My son's gf came with us one year.....but they slept in separate rooms and I kept my eye on them. And we are friends with her parents. Definitely would not allow them to have their own room together.
MomFantastic
by on Feb. 27, 2015 at 7:42 PM

Great Wolf Lodge offers 2 bedroom suites.  That way I would allow it.

fullxbusymom
by Bronze Member on Feb. 27, 2015 at 7:44 PM

Nope, wouldn't be happening. 

ejkdmom
by Member on Feb. 27, 2015 at 8:51 PM
2 moms liked this

Do you want to be a grandma?

Seriously, you are asking if it is OK to let your 16 year old girl spend 2 nights in a room alone with her 17 year old boyfriend? Is it OK for them to have sex?  If so, then let them go, if not, then don't.  I honestly don't see the need for discussion.

And they may tell you they aren't having sex, and maybe they aren't.  But put 2 teenagers in a room overnight after spendng the day in bathing suits and touching and stuff and sex will happen.  They may not intend on it, but kids are kids and hormones are more powerful than some drugs.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 27, 2015 at 8:52 PM

Nope.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)