Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Misery loves company---so join me!

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2015 at 12:24 AM
  • 3 Replies

Wish I were looking for advice, but I'm not-- just bitching!  Having one of those weeks where I feel like I can't possibly take on one more thing and here come six more!  Just a few--we are moving into my in laws old home after having to use court to evict my brother in law.  That house is a complete mess, so emptying, painting and cleaning.  To add insult to injury we had to pay all the utility bills that squatter brother in law didn't pay!  I'm a family lawyer and I have SIX cases going to trial in the next month- no staff, work by myself and usually have maybe six in a year.  I teach, usually one class a week.  Due to a series of problems at the school I am teaching four nights a week through May.   I love being busy but this is insane!   So, ladies. anything driving you over the edge lately?surrender

by on Mar. 4, 2015 at 12:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
KsAangel25
by Argentina on Mar. 4, 2015 at 1:10 AM
No, sorry that you're going through so much. Just take it one day at a time. Good luck
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 4, 2015 at 10:44 AM

Just my MIL.  She has told me in the last week that I don't know how to dress myself or my children.  She has called one of my children a "chunk" when she clearly isn't.  I have been accused of being ungrateful when I was trying to explain to her that I have a child with preferences when it comes to socks....all because she OVERBOUGHT socks when they went on clearance several years ago.

I truly appreciate everything that she has purchased for my children.  But, when she asks about certain things and I mention that a certain pair of shoes fell apart.  I get the passive agressive side of her and it pisses me off.  She bought a bunch of shoes from Family Dollar....while some are cute, most just fall apart within a few wears and the velcro sucks that holds the sandles on, but don't you dare mention it.  I have a child that doesn't like wearing crew socks....but my kids can't have preferences in some of the things they wear, because they should wear what I tell them to.  My child that is having issues with this has "cankles" and crew socks are uncomfortable.  She is also the child that was referred to as a "chunk".  She is an athlete and is very proportioned for her body.  I even confirmed it with our ped when I took her in for her check up 2 days ago.  She said that I had every right to be upset by that reference....I pointed out my issue with that word to my MIL and she said that I was being ridiculous. 

I wish you luck getting through your busy time right now....and hope calms down soon.  Thanks for letting me get some of thes issues off my chest.

Momsalawyer
by Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 12:10 PM

hang in there!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)