Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

S/O doesn't like my son

Posted by Anonymous
  • 19 Replies

We have been together two years now, my son is three. They loved each other at first, now my s/o can't stand him and always complains that he doesn't listen, needs more discipline, needs to respect us both. He is a pain in the butt, but he is three!!! I know he's alot to handle, but s/o needs to grow the eff up and learn better ways to deal with my son. He always gets snappy with him, tries making up bullshit rules that I don't agree on, always tells me I'm not doing things right with him, and says things about his behavior right in front of him like he isn't even there. We argue ALL the time about it. Im sick of it. If he can't come around and treat my baby right, he's gonna have to hit the road.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 4, 2015 at 11:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
by Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 11:19 PM
2 moms liked this
I'd have him hit the road already.
by on Mar. 4, 2015 at 11:21 PM
Uhm. Leave him.
by Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 11:41 PM
1 mom liked this

I wouldn't put up with that at all.  I have zero tolerance when it comes to shit like that with my kid.  He would have been long gone!

by on Mar. 4, 2015 at 11:48 PM
3 moms liked this
My mom has talked to me about what it was like to be a single mom to me. She dated a man who proposed to her(not my biofather), she really cared for him but she turned him down. She did that because even though he was nice to my brother and I she could tell he would never love us as his own. She latter meet a man that I now think of as Dad. They got married when I was 4, even had 4 more children. I was always treated like an equal to them. What I am getting at is that this man you are dating is not good enough for your son. It's time to move on. It's not going to change.
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 5, 2015 at 2:14 AM
Bye Felicia ✌
by Member on Mar. 5, 2015 at 2:16 AM
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 5, 2015 at 3:50 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't understand why everyone responding are so quick to say leave.  If that's appropriate then fine that's the thing to do.  but you didn't mention anything about what your SO is upset about just that he gets snappy.  some parents don't take a good honest look at their children and don't see them as they really are.  Certainly not all kids are angels not even at 3.   Not saying you child is a brat or disrespectful because I don't know the child.   But maybe take a good objective look at your son and see if he really is disrespectful.  Doesn't your SO have the right to discuss this you?  and maybe if you just blow off what he's saying and just immediately get defensive he feels like he's talking to a brick wall.  and the more your son behaves that way and you do nothing the worse his feelings will get.  Could be your son is wonderful and your SO is blowing it all out of porportion and he just doesn't like him, then if that can't be corrected then I agree with the others and maybe you should find someone that accepts him.  Could be your son does need some correction.  Just saying to take a good honest look at both sides before you just let go. 

by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 5, 2015 at 8:47 AM
Well how is your son behaving that your SO all the sudden it has such an issue with him? As a step parent who has been involved for years I can vouch saying that yeah it gets annoying when your step kids start acting up and you have no authority and your partner will do nothing to correct the action. He maynot be a bad guy you may not be a bad person either, but if you are going to tolerate bad behavior that he can't deal with them maybe it's best for all involved for you to part ways
by New Member on Mar. 5, 2015 at 8:57 AM

he should have been gone once you told him how you feel about it and he didn't stop. No child should feel like he isn't wanted by someone that the person who is suppose to protect him is with.

by Member on Mar. 5, 2015 at 2:38 PM

First of all he needs to understand that he is just 3yrs old, by baby girl is 4 and she is a lot to handle also but that's just the way kids are, once he grows up his attitude will change, also when he first got with you he should  of understood that both you and your son are a package and he has to deal with what ever comes his way if he wants a relationship with you. 

good for you for standing up and protecting your son, there are some mothers out there who will choose the man over thier child and the result of that is never good.  if you feel he isn't going to come around then he isn't the man for you, you will find someone who is willing to  be with you and your son.

When i had my oldest daughter her biological father was in and out of the picture until one day i finally told him we didn't need him, durning that time i meet my now husband and he took in my daughter as his own granted she was only 4months at the time but still, later on down the road he wanted to adopt her so we started the process and it took a long time but it finally happened he adopted my baby girl and now they are as close as can be.   My point being is that there are still good men out there you just have to be patient and let them come to you.  :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)