Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ready to tell bf's parents off..

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies
My bf's parents are driving me nuts. I cannot shake the fact that I just don't like them. They're lazy, alcoholic druggies. They keep relying on my bf to give them money, do laundry, even shower at his house. Don't get me wrong, I'm not against helping your parents but when they refuse to get a job and just mooch off their children...ridiculous. When he doesn't help them his mother pulls any guilt card she can. Recently he just switched jobs for better pay since we have a new LO. They knew he's been trying to catch up on bills from the time he fell behind between paychecks, plus knowing he now has to a family to support. They STILL called and go.."So, have you gotten a paycheck yet? Our electric bill is due and we have no money.." Or when they come over, if they help pick up anything, make dinner, etc. they expect to get paid. I feel bad for thinking the way that I do, but they need to stop. I don't think asking for money or to bring vodka/cigarettes (live 35 miles away) to them 24/7 is okay. I hate him having to feel that they're his responsibility. So frustrating. He's even mentioned how he's sick of it and they need to get jobs but he keeps enabling it. Sometimes he just thinks I'm being mean since I've told him to stop. That's really the only time they call him, when they want something.
Had to get it off my chest, phew.
Am I the only one who would be irritated by all that when its all the time?
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 15, 2015 at 12:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
DarksMama
by Bronze Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 1:30 AM
1 mom liked this

I'd have to tell him that either he mans up and drop kicks them, or he'd be seeing my name on a child support order. Enabling junkies/boozers is never a good thing and it will always backfire one way or another.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 15, 2015 at 1:33 AM
That was my standpoint, either keep it up or see ya later! To my knowledge, since the new job he hasn't given/paid them any money yet. But believe me they've asked plenty!
surromama
by Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 2:46 AM
I get your frustration. He needs to put his foot down. He's not helping anyone. I hope he can figure out a way to stop it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lindalou907
by Silver Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 6:47 AM

Oh that would piss me off too, he must learn to say no. He needs a script "I have my own bills to pay, and a child to support, I cannot help you any longer" end of story. But, you must know this could be a problem for you for a very long time, you may not want to be with him.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 15, 2015 at 10:08 AM
That's what I keep reminding him, that they're obviously not gonna change anytime soon and that it will make problems for us. I know if it keeps going for too long I won't be able to hold my tongue to them.
Melizizi
by on Mar. 15, 2015 at 10:27 AM

What an awful situation.

If I had a child together, I would not be able to have my child around them. They are not a good influence. When it's family, it is also going to be more difficult for your BF to say no to them. I would think to myself, IS THIS WHAT I WANT MY LIFE TO BE? Everyone deserves to be happy and in a healthy, positive place. This doesn't sound like that at all. 

I wish you all the best. 

angl_gurl1
by on Mar. 15, 2015 at 4:06 PM

he needs to put a stop to it

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 15, 2015 at 6:12 PM
I'm praying that they'll eventually push him too far. Glad to hear I'm not just a complete heartless you know what.
mommytoeandb
by Bronze Member on Mar. 16, 2015 at 7:29 AM
This is your boyfriend's problem. If he won't change, then you either bite your tongue or move on.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)