Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

teenager

Posted by on Mar. 15, 2015 at 3:34 PM
  • 12 Replies
My oldest daughter Nia and I wear the same size clothes I can't keep her out my closet. So I had to get a lock on my closet door she is so mad at me now I didn't think it would come a time when my teenager likes my clothes. Kinda funny and annoying at the same time.#gottaloveher
by on Mar. 15, 2015 at 3:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tatteddiva
by New Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 3:42 PM

Mobile Photo

My teenager
amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Mar. 16, 2015 at 11:30 AM
1 mom liked this

LOL!

My teen daughter and I do not wear the same size, but that doesn't stop her from trying to take some of my things.  She loves to steal borrow my jewelry.

nodramahere
by New Member on Mar. 16, 2015 at 5:42 PM
1 mom liked this

We don't wear the same size clothing, but my teen has a great time 'shopping' through my jewelry and scarves.

lissadavis
by Member on Mar. 18, 2015 at 5:33 PM
1 mom liked this

Totally normal, just put things you do not mind her borrowing on one color of hanger and all of the rest on another color hanger and then explain it to her.  

TediLee
by on Mar. 18, 2015 at 8:18 PM
1 mom liked this

Why does she think she can? Glad my kids know  they're not allowed to touch my things without asking or me asking for them without there being extreme consequences. I consider it stealing to touch something that doesn't belong to you and they can serve home prison time for it. They're not teenagers yet but it will teach them hands to themselves when they are.

schultzal
by on Mar. 18, 2015 at 8:29 PM
1 mom liked this
My mom would take my clothes without asking, so I understand how frustrating it is.

I won't have any problem with my dd wearing mine, as long as she asks first. She's only 2.5, so we've got some time, lol.
PinkButterfly66
by Silver Member on Mar. 18, 2015 at 8:31 PM

You so need to start raiding her closet!!

proudmother5946
by Bronze Member on Mar. 18, 2015 at 11:21 PM
1 mom liked this
In high school I used to borrow some of my mom's clothes. One day I wanted to wear her white shirt. I couldn't find it anywhere. I even looked in the dirty clothes.
She comes home from work wearing it. I said "mom? I was going to wear that"!
Her reply "well excuse me for wearing my own clothes"!
SylviaNCali
by Member on Mar. 19, 2015 at 3:09 AM

Do you punish her? If not, you should face her and make her learn to respect your wishes. If that means taking some of the stuff you bought her for a certain period of time then do it. She needs to learn that it's not okay to go behind your back and take your stuff without your permission.

bahamamama61
by Member on Mar. 19, 2015 at 3:42 AM
1 mom liked this
I think it's awesome to share clothes and shoes with my daughter:) I can't now, cuz I'm a fatty , and my daughter has a model figure, but, I had a couple of pairs of jeans she liked, and she had a very nice shoe collection, that she shared:)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)